Alba Botanica, Hawaiian Sunscreen, SPF 45, 4 oz (113 g)
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- New Look
- Revitalizing Green Tea
- Broad Spectrum
- Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Paraben Free
- Recommended Skin Cancer Foundation - Daily Use
- Botanically Moisturizing Natural Sunscreen
- 100% Vegetarian Ingredients
- Helps prevent sunburn
- If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying and at least every 2 hours. Children under 6 months: ask a doctor. Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease risk, regularly use a sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher and other protective measures including: limit time in sun, especially from 10 am to 2 pm and wear long sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
Aqua (water), cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, VP/hexadecene copolymer, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate SE, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice(¹), calendula officinalis flower extract(¹), camellia sinensis leaf extract(¹), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract(¹), ginkgo biloba leaf extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract(¹), cetearyl olivate, polysorbate 60, silica, sodium stearoyl glutamate, sorbitan olivate, tocopheryl acetate, xanthan gum, alcohol(¹), benzyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, citronellol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene, linalool, fragrance (parfum).
(¹)Certified Organic Ingredient
For external use only. Do not use on damaged or broken skin. When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Stop use and ask a doctor if skin rash occurs. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
No animal testing
|Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 7.5%||Sunscreen|
|Ethylhexyl Salicylate 5.0%||Sunscreen|
|Titanium Dioxide 2.0%||Sunscreen|
I am finishing my first tube of Alba Botanica SPF 45 Natural Sunblock. Nice texture, easy to spread, does not leave a white cast to my skin, not too greasy but leaves my skin with just a healthy glow. The smell is typical of sunscreens only more fruity. It is not subtle but I find it rather nice. It is not a broad-spectrum sunscreen : it provides very good UVB protection but only moderate UVA protection, according to the Environmental World Group. UVA rays don't cause sunburn, but cause aging of skin and increased rates of skin cancer. I still think it is a good sun protection. Now, my main complaint about this product is that, although it is named 'Natural Sunblock', it contains potentially and proved harmful chemicals. Besides its 2% of mineral sunscreen, it contains chemical sunscreens, some of them known to cause endocrinal disruption among other concerns : homosalate 10%, octocrylene 10%, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate 7.5%, ethylhexyl salicylate 5%. It also contains benzyl alcohol and chemical fragrance (neurotoxicity). I do like Alba Botanica but won't use this product again. A much healthier alternative (not perfect) from the same brand could be their Natural Very Emolient Sunblock, Fragrance Free, SPF 30. Although the UVB protection is not quite as strong, it contains only mineral sunscreens with a good level of UVA protection, and no synthetic fragrance.
I have been using Alba Botanica's lavender sunscreen, which is great. I decided to try this Green Tea sunscreen this time, but within minutes of applying it my skin suddenly started to itch. I looked down at my arms and they were flaming red! I then looked in the mirror and to my horror my whole face was bright red (and a bit swollen). I washed it off as quickly as i could with a natural soap, and applied coconut oil, but now, half an hour later it is still very red, even though the itch is subsiding. I have never in my life had a reaction like this to anything, my skin is not partcularly sensitive to perfume or anything like that, so I don't know what caused this. But please be careful, and first test the product on a small area before applying to you face or whole body...
Posted by 5611812908089257002 on Sep 22, 2016
Posted by 5178244341428860251 on Aug 23, 2016
I was excited of this beautiful bottle sunscreen. But now I don't really understand this sun screen. It is like melting...water and cream are separate..is it normal? Never have this kind of thing.
the product fell off the skin as soon as I entered water
Posted by 4843732288485145994 on Aug 16, 2016
I didn't get burned, I put it in a shade 30 minutes before, but some product fell of the skin as soon as I entered water. Maybe it was old.
Posted by Reviewer1911274 on Jul 05, 2016
Love it! Used it several summers.