Categories Food, Groceries Certified Organic Foods
Categories Food, Groceries Kosher Foods
Categories Food, Groceries Gluten Free Foods
Ancient Harvest, Quinoa, Harmony, Tri-Color Blend, 12 oz (340 g)
This item may cause a delivery delay due to Korean custom's inspections.
- Highest in Protein of All Grains
- Wheat Free
- Gluten Free
- Cooks in 10 - 15 Minutes
- Pre Washed
- No Rinsing!
- 100% Whole Grain
- Heirloom Variety
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI)
Harmony tri-color... a blend of traditional, red and black whole grain quinoa!
Thirty years ago, Quinoa Corporation introduced the grain Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) to the world.
Several years ago we launched our red pasankalla variety and called it Inca Red to honor the Inca civilization who first cultivated this amazing grain.
Today we are happy to be able to introduce yet another variety - black quinoa. Because the red and black varieties were almost extinct, their availability is limited, but we're able to offer them along with our traditional white Real' variety in our unique tri-color blend. We call it Harmony. We think you'll call it delicious.
We hope you enjoy our new blend, and we always look forward to hearing from you with your comments and suggestions.
The Quinoa Story
The Inca called this grain Quinoa or "the Mother Grain" in their ancient language. So important was quinoa to their diet that the mighty Inca king planted the first row of quinoa each year with a solid gold spade.
Grown in the mighty Andes Mountains of South America, quinoa dates back over 5,000 years. This tiny seed, no bigger than a mustard seed, once fed an ancient civilization stretching from the seacoast of Chile to the snow-capped peaks of the Peruvian Andes, the vast Inca Empire.
Quinoa is now growing in popularity in the US and throughout the world, and we continue to the the leading source for the highest quality organic quinoa anywhere. With 1,800 varieties available, not all quinoa is created equal. Look for the quality and commitment behind the Quinoa Corporation's own brand, Ancient Harvest Quinoa, for the best quinoa products available. Wee why we call this the "Supergrain of the Future".
- Quinoa contains more high quality protein than any other grain. Leading scientists agree it is "one of the best sources of protein in the vegetable kingdom."
- Quinoa stands alone as a complete protein grain. It provides all the essential amino acids in a balanced pattern, close to the ideal set by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- Quinoa contains no gluten. This makes quinoa the perfect food for people who must follow a wheat-free / gluten-free diet.
- Quinoa is light, tasty and easy to digest. This delicate grain is much less filling than most other grains and pasta, and has a delicious nutty flavor all its own.
- Quinoa is quick and easy to prepare. Perfect for today's active lifestyle, quinoa can be served as a side dish; in soups; in salads; as a pilaf; even as a nutritious breakfast cereal.
Basic Cooking Instructions
Place 1 cup tri-color quinoa and 2 cups water in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed (10 - 15 minutes). When done, the grain appears soft and translucent and the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of the grain.
To prepare in a rice cooker, simply treat quinoa like rice. Add two parts water to one part quinoa, stir, cover, and when the cooker shuts off, the quinoa is done.
To prepare in the microwave, just add two parts water to one part quinoa in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and heat on high for 4 minutes, then remove from heat and stir. Heat again for an additional 2 minutes. Stir and let stand for 1 minute before eating.
A blend of organic whole grain white, red and black quinoa.
Product is cleaned and packaged in a gluten-free facility.
|Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (44 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
|** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Potassium||3,500 mg||3,500 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4