Ancient Harvest, Quinoa, Inca Red, 12 oz (340 g)4 Reviews
Expiration Date: Apr 2016
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
Shipping Weight: 0.95 lbs (0.43 kg)
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: ANC-17000
- UPC Code: 089125170003
- Package Quantity: 12 oz (340 g)
- Dimensions: 1.5 x 4.5 x 6.6 in, 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)
- Important Note:
This item may cause a delivery delay due to Korean customs inspections.
- Highest in Protein of All Grains
- Wheat Free
- Gluten Free
- Cooks in 15 Minutes
- Pre Washed
- No Rinsing!
- 100% Whole Grain
- Heirloom Variety
- USDA Organic
A New Quinoa with Ancient Roots
Thirty years ago, the Quinoa Corporation re-introduced the grain Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) to the world. this important grain has ancient origins, dating back over five thousand years to the vast and might Inca civilization of South America.
Today, we are pleased to introduce another ancient variety - Inca Red Quinoa. Working with local indigenous farming communities in the altiplano highlands of the Andes mountains, the Quinoa Corporation has "re-discovered" and helped recover this ancient and almost extinct Pasankalla variety of red Quinoa.
With its impressive red and burgundy coloring; its unique appearance and texture; and its marvelous flavor, we are sure our Inca Red Quinoa will become a welcome addition in modern kitchens around the world.
Quinoa was so important to the Inca culture, they referred to it as the Mother Grain. We call it the "Supergrain of the Future" because of its unique qualities.
- Quinoa contains more high quality protein than any other grain. Leading scientists agree it is "one of the best sources of protein in the vegetable kingdom."
- Quinoa stands alone as a complete protein grain. It provides all the essential amino acids in a balanced pattern, close to the ideal set by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- Quinoa contains no gluten. This makes quinoa the perfect food for people who follow a wheat-free/gluten-free diet.
- Quinoa is light, tasty and easy to digest. this delicate grain is much less filling than most other grains and pasta, and has a delicious nutty flavor all its own.
- Quinoa is quick and easy to prepare. Perfect for today's active lifestyle, quinoa can be served as a side dish; in soups; in salads; as a pilaf; even as a nutritious breakfast cereal.
Basic Cooking Instructions
Place 1 cup red quinoa and 2 cups water in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. reduce to simmer, cover and cook until all water is absorbed (about 15 minutes). When done, the grain appears soft and the red becomes translucent. the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of the grain.
To prepare in a rice cooker, simply treat quinoa like rice. Add two parts water to one part quinoa, stir, cover, and when the cooker shuts off, the quinoa is done.
For additional flavor, substitute chicken broth or vegetable stock for the water.
Organic whole grain quinoa (pasankalla variety)
|Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (48 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 7|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**|
|Calories from Fat||28|
|Total Fat||3 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||23%|
|** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value not established.
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrates||300 g||375 g|
|Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4