Apex, Ultra Pill Splitter
You purchased this item onView this order
Buy 4+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- "The Measure of Excellence in Self Care"
- Self Retracting Blade Guard for Added Safety
- Pill Grip Holds Pills Securely
- Contoured Design for Comfort
- Carex Health Brands
- Set open splitter on firm surface, place pill in the point of the Pill Grip "V".
- Lower lid until splitter blade lightly touches pill surface, look at position through clear view from above and make any final adjustments on Pill Grip surface.
- Press lightly to split pill.
To Clean: After each use, wash in warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly to remove any residue left behind from splitting. Do not wash in dishwasher.
Do not attempt to remove Blade Guard. The Blade Guard will retract when closing the Ultra Pill Splitter, allowing the blade to cut the pill.
Caution: Contains cutting edge. Keep out of reach of children.
Pill Splitters should not be used to cut certain pills. Consult your pharmacist or physician before cutting any medications.
Dont buy this unless you dont care about the blade protector getting stuck. After cutting a couple of pills, this pill splitter got slow and hard to work with becouse of the cutting blade protector getting stuck an not moving as it was supposed. Its not god to remove it eighter, becouse it is part of the spring mecanism to keep it tight. It is possible to use, it just harder, and the blade is open for nicks to the finger if one is not careful Conclusion: My advise - Buy another one.
Plastic is pretty cheap and the "safe guard" for the blade gets stuck a lot, which is slightly annoying. It gets the job done at least!
Great pill slpitter
Posted by Reviewer1944858 on Jun 08, 2016
This has done a good job on most of the pills I have to split. I am splitting for cats so the pills are small to begin with and this does remarkably well on most of them. I like the fact that the area the pill goes in is a softer neoprene type material and not the hard plastic my old one had. Therefore the pill is lightly gripped and doesn't slide around and get off kilter. I didn't care for the way it split the square pepcid pill in half it was a little hard to line it up right so I went back to splitting this with a good sharp knife. The only problem I had was in splitting a larger pill into1/8ths. It did a good job of spitting this pill into 4ths and then I split the last with a knife. I have not had any trouble yet with the guard getting stuck and I have been using it for about a month cutting multiple pills per cat for 3 cats daily dosing. I think if it does I would figure out a way to cut/remove it as I would find it too frustrating to try to unstick it every time I tried to cut pills. I have too may pills that must be split each day/week for my ill cats to put up with a malfunctioning splitter. My old splitter did not have a guard and I have never cut myself with it. Overall I am pleased with this splitter it does so much better then the old one I had.
Posted by 5038686698146749395 on Jan 22, 2016
Posted by TriedandTested on Sep 09, 2015
Low price, sharp, works really well. Easy, nifty, awesome. Is useful for pills of all sizes and shapes.
I like it, it works well.
Posted by Reviewer2046670 on Jun 08, 2015
No complaints, it does the job. I'm glad I bought it.