Ark Naturals, Nu-Pet, Canine Chewable Wafers, For Dogs, 90 Wafers
By Ark Naturals20 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.95 lbs (0.43 kg)
- Product Code: AKN-10004
- UPC Code: 632634100049
- Package Quantity: 90 Wafers
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 5.7 in, 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)
- Sealed for Your Protection
- Natural Products for Pets
- Powerful Vitamin and Antioxidant Formula
- Green Food Phytonutrients
- Great Tasting
- Supports Good Health!
- The Benchmark of Quality NASC
- Veterinarian Recommended
- NASC - National Animal Supplement Council
Product Facts for Dogs 12 weeks of age and older
Reason to Choose Nu-Pet Canine Chewable Wafers:
- Heating & processing of commercial pet food destroys many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants your pets need.
- "Live" whole food phytonutrients are alive with powerful ingredients that support your dog's health with all known enzymes, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Wheat sprouts/grass also help your dog's system naturally produce Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD).
- Barley Grass source of calcium, iron, B-12, amino acids.
- Alfalfa grass source of chlorophyll, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- Vitamins C, E, A and selenium are important antioxidants that nutritionally help support healthy cell activity.
- Desiccated liver source of B2, B3 and choline that nutritionally help support red blood cells.
- Wheat free, gluten free, yeast free, sugar free. Non-irradiated.
- Low calorie, excellent liver taste.
"Finally an antioxidant that does more than add useless calories to your dog's daily diet. Tastes like a treat, but works like a vitamin. I recommend you add Nu-Pet Canine Chewable to your dog's daily diet." - Dr. Nancy Scanlan, DVM
Veterinarian recommended: Formulated by Dr. Nancy Scanlan, DVM and Dr. C. Leigh Broadhurst PHD.
About Ark Naturals and our ingredients. Our ingredients and manufacturing processes are all natural, human quality and are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliant. Manufactured in the USA in FDA/OTC inspected facilities. Proud members of NNFA, APPMA and NASC.
Initial Use: For senior pets or pets with health issues: Double the recommended amount for 4 weeks; thereafter reduce to maintenance recommendations.
Up to 20 lbs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1/2-1 wafer 2x daily
Up to 50 lbs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-2 wafers 1 to 2x daily
Up to 75 lbs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-4 wafers 1 to 2x daily
Over 75 lbs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4-6 wafers 1 to 2x daily
Wheat sprout/grass, dicalcium phosphate (tableting agent), liver powder, dried whey, barley grass, alfalfa grass, silica (flowing agent), magnesium stearate (tableting lubricant), ascorbic acid, vitamin E, vitamin A, selenium.
|Guaranteed Analysis each 3.5 gm chewable wafer
All guarantees are minimum unless otherwise stated.
|Selenium (chelate)||15 mcg|
|Vitamin A Supplement (beta carotene)||1000 iu|
|Vitamin E Supplement (acetate)||5 iu|
|Ascorbic Acid* (Vitamin C)||30 mg|
|Wheat Grass*||1100 mg|
|Barley Grass*||200 mg|
|Alfalfa Grass*||200 mg|
|Desiccated Liver Powder*||1000 mg|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO dog nutrient profile.|
This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Storage: Cap tightly, cool dry location. 75F/24C.
iHerb Customer Reviews
Trying to find a good supplement for dogs who have so far refused *every* - absolutely every - tablet or wafer or whatever ... even if the companies claim that it's "tasty" and "palatable" for canines ... was quite a mission. This is it. This is hands down the best canine supplement for us, simply because the dogs *adore* these wafers (they're really quite thick tablet size and can be split down the middle for smaller servings). I like the ingredients - all natural, lots of phyto-nutrients ... no synthetics or nasty surprises. If I could give 6 or 7 stars, I would!
I keep these by the back door. My dogs have come to expect one after they go out in the morning. My Standard Poodle actually has asked to go out, and then turned right around and headed back in just to get her treat! I definitely put a stop to that! Not only do my babies love them, but they are loaded with antioxidants and vitamims. I give them 2 or 3 each every day.