Arrowhead Mills, Brownie Mix, 17.5 oz (496 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- All Natural
- Naturally Nutritious
- Made with Organic Wheat Flour & Chocolate Chips
- Low Sodium
- No Preservatives
- No Artificial Anything!
Real organic chocolate chips and cocoa powder, blended with delicious natural flavors and sweeteners, makes this the perfect treat!
From America's Heartland to Your Heart.
Arrowhead Mills has been the pioneer and leader in organic baking mixes, grains, cereals and nut butters since 1960. We believe in nature's abundance and treat food with respect--not chemicals! Arrowhead Mills takes you back to the basics with the best-tasting, most diverse selection of products for home-baked goodness.
You will need: 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs or egg substitute
1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, vegetable oil, egg or egg substitute, and water. Stir about 50 strokes or until well blended. Spread into a lightly oiled 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or nearly clean. Allow brownies to completely cool before storing in an airtight container. Stir-in options: 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
Lowfat Brownie Recipe
Prepare and bake brownies according to Basic Recipe, replacing the oil with 1/2 cup Applesauce. Reduces fat from 7 g to 2 g per serving.
Organic evaporated cane juice, organic unbleached enriched wheat flour (contains niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), organic powdered cane juice, organic chocolate chips (organic sugar, organic chocolate liquor [non-alcohol], organic cocoa butter, soy lecithin [emulsifier], organic vanilla flavor), tapioca starch, organic cocoa powder, natural flavor, sea salt, baking soda, non-aluminum baking powder (monocalcium phosphate, baking soda, cornstarch) and xanthan gum.
|Serving Size: 1/20 package (about 25 g)|
|Servings Per Container: about 20|
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from fat||10||70|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**||% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||1.5 g*||2%||11%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%||8%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g||7%||7%|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g||2%||2%|
|* Amount in mix. Prepared as directed with eggs, butter and water contains an additional 5.5 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 1 g protein.
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2400 mg||2400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
But I must admit that my regular, "unhealthy", homemade brownies have a better texture (crisp, chewy and soft). I assume this brownie mix contain less sugar than my recipe, and hence the difference. The dough tastes very good, though. Will probably buy again. Very easy to prepare.