Arrowhead Mills, Organic Spelt Flakes, 12 oz (340 g)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Naturally Nutritional
- 25 g Whole Grain Per Serving
- Good Source of Fiber
- Kosher Pareve
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA)
- Whole Grain Cereal*
- Grown Without Synthetic Pesticides
- Made with No Genetically Engineered Ingredients
- Good Source of Phosphorus
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Low Fat
- A Cholesterol Free Food
- Sweetened with Fruit Juice
- All Natural - No Artificial Anything!
- 100% Whole Grain, 25 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
*Low fat diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods may reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
From America's Heartland to Your Heart.
Arrowhead Mills has been the pioneer and leader in organic baking mixes, grains, cereals and nut butters since 1960. We believe in nature's abundance and treat food with respect - not chemicals! Capturing the essence of the earth with organically grown ingredients, Arrowhead Mills takes you back to the basics with the best-tasting, most diverse selection of products for home-baked goodness.
You're always home with Arrowhead!
Our organically grown ingredients, which are certified by independent third party agencies, are handled and distributed based on a strict set of standards. We use no chemical fertilizers, synthetic pesticides or herbicides... just natural, hearty wholesomeness!
Spelt Flakes, "a Living Legendary Folk Cereal." One of the first grains to be grown by early farmers as long as 5,000 BC, "nutty" flavored Spelt combines with fruit juice sweeteners in this whole grain organic cereal to offer you a good source of fiber and a low fat way to revitalize and energize your body.
While many gluten-sensitive people have not been able to include spelt-based foods in their diets, Spelt is not considered a wheat-free grain and is not safe for wheat free or gluten free diets, or celiac consumers.
Level of Preparation: Easy
Total Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Includes chilling time)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Arrowhead Mills Spelt Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- toasted coconut (optional)
Place all ingredients in food processor and process for 1-2 minutes, or until mixture is well chopped and starts to hold together. Roll teaspoon amounts into balls and roll in toasted coconut if desired. Chill and serve.
Nutrition facts available.
Organic whole grain spelt (wheat) flakes, organic fruit juice concentrate (apple, pear or grape), sea salt, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and natural vitamin E (to preserve freshness).
|Serving Size: 1 cup (30 g)|
|Servings Per Container: about 11|
|Amount Per Serving||Cereal||Cereal with 1/2 cup Skim Milk|
|Calories from Fat||5||5|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||0.5 g*||1%||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g||8%||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||10%||10%|
|* Amount in cereal. One half cup skim milk contributes an additional 40 calories, 65 mg sodium, 6 g total carbohydrate (6 g sugars) and 4 g protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Potassium||3,500 mg||3,500 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
Posted by Reviewer3195440 on Nov 14, 2011
Great stuff... tastes awesome and NO CANE SUGAR! :) Good even plain (no milk).
Posted by Reviewer2224317 on Apr 26, 2012
Posted by 5536951012389095511 on Feb 01, 2014
Perfect for a healthy, quick breakfast.
Posted by LantauMama on Oct 24, 2014
This is one of my kids favorite cereals. The low sugar and organic ingredients make me happy too.