- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- Estd 1989
- Pathway to a Better Life
- Pet Essentials
- Pure and Natural
- Rich in Essential Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- From Our Family to Yours
Barlean's Flax Oil for Animals
Flax Oil is a rich source of Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and has been discovered to be "essential" to the health of animals and humans. Barlean's has taken the extra steps necessary to preserve the integrity of flaxseed oil, providing your pets with the valuable Omega-3 fatty acids they require for optimal health.
Benefits found with flax and the essential fatty acids in the health of animals:
- Important for growth and development
- Improved immunity against infection
- Increased quantity and quality of milk in lactating animals
- Development of beautiful and lustrous sheen in animal coats
- Improvement of dandruff and dry, patchy skin
- Improvement of inflammatory conditions
- Increased bone strength
A lack of essential fatty acids in the diet may cause:
- Impaired visual development
- Impaired learning ability
- Increased susceptibility to environmental toxins
5-10 lbs - 1/2 tsp
10-20 lbs - 3/4 tsp
25 lbs up - 1 tsp for every 25 lbs of body weight.
Larger Animals - 100 lbs and up
1 Tbsp for every 100 lbs of body weight.
Horses and Show Cattle
4 oz a day
Flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, rosemary extract, ascorbic acid, and pyridoxine hydrochloride.
Keep out of reach of children.
|One Tablespoon Supplies:|
|Omega-3 (LNA)||7688 mg|
|Omega-6 (LA)||1915 mg|
|Omega-9 (Oleic)||2236 mg|
|Vitamin B-6||6 mg|
One tablespoon mixed with dogfood keeps the coat of our lovely black German Shepherd a glistening---black. Health is excellent. This is dosage as per label.
Normally, I rave over all Barlean's products. I'm not sure what it is about this product, but my cat won't have anything to do with food that has this mixed in it. I've tried mixing it in really well, burying it under a bunch of wet food, baiting her with freshly cooked chicken, but she absolutely refuses to go near her bowl if this oil has been it. I bought this for my cat hoping to alleviate a puking and/or hairball problem. Strangely enough, every time I have given her this, she has puked. Also, I was reading that flax may not be the best EFA for cats. Wish I would've known this before I bought this oil :(
I love this!
Posted by 5582604029785723339 on Dec 01, 2016
This is a great product! My pups take it every morning without problems! They actually look forward to their breakfast!
입짧은 강아지도 먹네요
Posted by 5112320631148752344 on Dec 11, 2015
저희집 요크셔테리어 워낙 입이 짧아서 뭐 간식이나 통조림도 잘 안먹는데... 이건 막 미친듯이 먹진않지만 그래도 잘 먹는 편이에요.
If it's bitter, it's rancid
Posted by Reviewer2759346 on May 01, 2015
Flaxseed oil goes rancid quickly and this must have not been stored in a cool place. It had such a strong bitter smell and taste, like strong petroleum. I tasted it and it burned my tongue. I'm not feeding this to my animals; it's toxic if it's rancid. Flaxseed oil is just buttery and soft when it's not rancid. There should not ever be a bitter taste unless it's gone bad.
the price is reasonable
Posted by 5537961914907187302 on Jan 01, 2015
there's no rejection to try it but no special improvement for my puppy