Better Than Bouillon, Superior Touch, Au Jus Base, 8 oz (227 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- 38 Servings
- Makes 7 Quarts of Au Jus Gravy
- Made From Beef Stock and Red Wine
Our Au Jus Base is made from Beef Stock and Red Wine. It makes a perfect Au Jus for French Dip Sandwiches and Prime Rib.
Refrigerate after opening
Au Jus Gravy for Sandwiches & Roast Beef:
Dissolve 1 tsp Au Jus Base into 3/4 cup (6 oz) hot water.
For French Onion Soup:
- Peel and slice 2-3 large onions into 1/8 inch strips.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter, add onions and saute until tender.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp ground pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 1 bay leaf, saute over low heat for additional 10 minutes, stirring frequently, remove from heat.
- Add 5 cups of the water and 7 tsp Superior Touch Au Just Base. Add to stockpot. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Blend 6 tbsp flour in 2 1/2 cups water, stir into soup, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls. If desired, top each with a slice of crusty bread and grated cheese and place under broiler until cheese bubbles. Serve hot.
Beef stock, salt, hydrolyzed soy and corn protein, sugar, yeast extract, beef fat, beef flavor (rendered beef fat, soybean paste, natural flavor, salt, maltodextrin), red wine concentrate, food starch - modified, dried onion and garlic, caramel color, lactic acid, beet powder, xanthan gum, natural flavors.
|Serving Size: 1 tsp (6 g)|
|Servings Per Container: about 38|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0 g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%|
|Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Posted by 5682340901074982501 on Dec 16, 2015
Very quick delivery.
Great for stew, too
Posted by Reviewer3192716 on Feb 21, 2015
I use this in place of beef bouillon in cooking, because it brings so much more flavor.
Posted by 5493251685457932481 on Sep 20, 2013
Is there anything better than hot roast beef and swiss with Au Jus sauce?...I think not.
Can youn say Frence Dip
Posted by 5169125140301696269 on Jul 30, 2012
I make the best french dip with this. I cook big for Momday night football and they always want me to fix my frence dip