Biobag, Lawn & Leaf Bags, 33 Gallon, 5 Bags 32.5" x 39" x 1.0 mil (Discontinued Item)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
- 100% Biodegradable
- 100% Compostable
- BioBags are made from Mater-Bi
- Nature Knows the Difference
- Changing the World without Changing the Earth
- Each BioBag Includes Removable Tear-Strip for Easy Closure
- Meets California Law SB 1749 for Biodegradable and Compostable Product Claims
BioBag is the world's largest selling brand of biodegradable and compostable bags made from the material, Mater-Bi. Widely used for the collection of food waste for composting, BioBags are also popular among consumers who seek to reduce the amount of polyethylene-based plastics in the environment. BioBags are GMO free, certified for use in organic agriculture and CEN certified for restricted use of metals in our vegetable-based inks and dyes. Our products meet the ASTM D6400 requirement, which is the gold standard for compostable plastic. BioBags are shelf stable, just like paper towels, yet biodegrade quickly when exposed to nature's elements and micro-organisms, leaving no harmful residues behind. Please enjoy this wonderful product!
The Ten Second Plastic Bag Lesson
Regular polyethylene-based plastic bags can take over 100 years to degrade and are not compostable. Less than 2% of all plastic bags ever get recycled. Studies indicate that 100,000 marine animals and 2 million birds die every year from ingesting or being caught up in plastic debris.
Some manufacturers are blending additives to polyethylene to produce "degradable" bags. Unfortunately, this process fragments the bags into pieces of plastic debris that do not meet the ASTM D6400 standard for biodegradable and compostable plastic.
BioBag products are based on starch, vegetable oil and other renewable resources. No polyethylene is used in the production process. We are fully certified by the Biodegradable Products Institute to be 100% biodegradable and 100% compostable. Please be sure the biodegradable products you buy are properly certified.
Meets ASTM D6400
This certification assures that BioBag products meet the specifications found in ASTM D 6400 and will biodegrade rapidly & safely when composted in a municipal or commercial facility. Please check to make sure facilities are available in your community.
BioBags are great for the collection of leaves and other biodegradable yard debris. For best results, place filled BioBags in your compost or at curbside on pavement or gravel. Placing filled bags on wet grass may stimulate bag decomposition. Do not fill bag entirely with wet grass clippings. Grass Clippings left on the lawn after mowing decompose rapidly and add nutrient value to your soil.
Keep this bag away from children!
iHerb Customer Reviews
Completely biodegradeable - best find ever! BioBag makes a 10-bag lawn/leaf box which is really great for yard clean ups. Please carry the larger size and expand your product line!! This is a great company (and NO I don't work for them - ha!)