This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Bob's Red Mill, 100% Whole Grain Soy Flour, 16 oz (453 g)12 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Product Code: BRM-00317
- UPC Code: 039978003171
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (453 g)
- Dimensions: 3 x 4 x 6 in, 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
Combo Discount: -$1.00
- To Your Good Health...Bob Moore
- Friend of the Heart
- Stone Ground
- 35% Protein
- You Can See Our Quality!
- Bob's Whole Grain Foods for Every Meal of the Day
Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Soy Flour is freshly ground on cool and slow turning, century-old stone-buhr millstones from premium quality, raw soybeans. It is a tasty and simple way to take advantage of soy's bountiful nutrition. Soy contains complete protein with all the amino acids, essential to human nutrition, which must be supplied in the diet because they cannot be synthesized by the body.
It is also a good source of dietary fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. One serving of Soy Flour provides 10 grams of soy protein.
Keeps best refrigerated or frozen
Tips for Using Soy Flour
- In any recipe calling for all-purpose flour, replace up to 30% of the usual flour with soy flour. Since soy flour is free of gluten, which gives structure to yeast-raised breads, soy flour cannot replace all the wheat or rye flour in a bread recipe.
- Baked products containing soy flour may brown more quickly. Try reducing baking time or lower oven temperature slightly.
- Stir soy flour before measuring since it can become packed down in its container.
- Use soy flour to thicken gravies and sauces.
- Try soy flour in frying batters or dough to reduce the amount of fat absorbed.
- Use soy flour as a cholesterol-free egg substitute in baked goods. Replace one egg with one tablespoon soy flour and one tablespoon water.
- Lightly "toasting" soy flour before using it in a recipe will enhance its nutty flavor. Briefly cook soy flour in a dry skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
Whole ground soy beans.
Free of preservatives and chemical additives
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat and milk.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup dry (28g)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||4%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||10%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carb.||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
Excellent Product 10 out of 10
it's a great product and reasonable price - I could do lots of things with these soy flour ; I'm very happy with the quality of the products and their prompt delivery services