Bob's Red Mill, Organic Whole Grain Soy Flour, 16 oz (453 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- To Your Good Health...Bob Moore
- 35% Protein
- Friend of the Heart
- USDA Organic
- Certified 100% Organic by QAI
Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Organic Soy Flour is freshly ground on cool and slow turning, century-old stone-buhr millstones form premium quality raw soybeans. It is a tasty and simple way to take advantage of soy's bountiful nutrition. Soy contains complete protein with all the amino acids essential to human nutrition, which must be supplied in the diet because they cannot be synthesized by the human body. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
Diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods low in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers.
Our product line is diverse and extensive.
Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. One serving of Soy Flour provides 10 grams of soy protein.
Tips for using Soy Flour
- In any recipe calling for all-purpose flour, replace up to 30% of the usual flour with soy flour.
- Baked products containing soy flour may brown more quickly. Try reducing baking time or lower oven temperature slightly.
- Stir soy flour before measuring since it can become packed down in its container.
- Use soy flour to thicken gravies and sauces.
- Try soy flour in frying batters or dough to reduce the amount of fat absorbed.
- Use soy flour as a cholesterol-free egg substitute in baked goods. Replace one egg with one tablespoon soy flour and one tablespoon water.
- Lightly "toasting" soy flour before using it in a recipe will enhance its nutty flavor. Briefly cook soy flour in a dry skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally.
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts, soy, wheat and milk.
Keeps best refrigerated or frozen
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (28 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 16 (per 16 oz bag)|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||4%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||10%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
iHerb Customer Reviews
Organic is important, means not GMO. High in healthy protein and other important nutrients; use as egg replacer in baked goods.
Organic Whole Grain Soy Flour
Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Jun 13, 2015
Posted by 4978545617610769518 on Mar 07, 2013
Great for backing
Posted by Reviewer2259021 on Mar 05, 2012
I like it in my cookies.