Books, How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine, Dr. Michael Murray, 415 Page Paperback Book (Discontinued Item)
A Natural Arsenal of Disease-Fighting Tools for Prevention, Treatment, and Coping with Side Effects, from America's Foremost Authorities on Natural Medicine.
Endorsed by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
- Assess your risk through a unique screening questionnaire
- Change your internal environment so cancer can't survive
- Discover the science behind the emotions and attitudes that play a significant role in prevention and treatment
Dr. Tim Birdsall National Director of Naturopathic Medicine and Research, Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
Dr. Joseph E. Pizzorno coauthor of Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine and cofounder of America's most prestigious college of natural medicine.
Dr. Paul Reilly co founding physician, Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center.
" A painstakingly researched and eminently practical plan that can help decrease your risk of cancer or help your treatment efforts. I highly recommend it." - Cristiane Northrup, M.D., author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom.
"An excellent resource filled with knowledge which needs to be integrated into preventive medicine and current therapies. It is must-reading for individuals who want to remain healthy, patients and health care practitioners who want to do more than just treat disease."
- Bernie Siegel, M.D. author of Love, Medicine & Miracles and Prescriptions for Living
Find out what combinations of foods, vitamins, herbs, minerals, and supplements can help you with:
- PREVENTION, by lowering your risk of getting cancer
- TREATMENT, by using the body's natural healing power to inhibit the growth and spread of disease
- COPING with side effects - fight fatigue, weight loss, hair loss, and other side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine features:
- daily regimens of vitamins, minerals, herbs, and supplements for preventing and treating cancer
- a daily regimen for coping with side effects of treatment
- daily meal plans and shopping lists
- specific recommendations for breast, prostate, lung, and colon cancer
- a list of supplements that enhance the power of conventional treatment and a list of supplements that should be avoided
- psychological exercise to boost the immune system
- an extensive list of medical studies supporting the recommendations
"A reader-friendly guide to cancer care...supported by abundant lists, tables, and footnotes...generously packed with information and advice....The arsenal these doctors have amassed is comfortingly large [and] very accessible." - Natural Health
Riverhead Books. Published by The Berkley Publishing Group, division of Pengiun Group (USA) Inc.
Gives you the strategies to live optimumly and keep your immune system strong. Includes info. on what vitamins to take as well. I bought copies for two people in my life who are healing from Cancer.
Posted by Reviewer1038825 on Jan 08, 2012
Easy to read. The alternative medicines are well-explained. I have bought it for several friends.
Posted by Reviewer1821400 on Jan 04, 2012
Very useful information on how to take care of cancer and prevent it.
Posted by zipfelmuetze on Dec 19, 2011
I do not agree with about 5% of the books content, but the book makes it clear that some studies are not clear enough, but do show a pattern in favor of eating certain things. One rather confusing discussion is the ongoing debate on whether Soy enhances the development and growth of cancer or aids in the prevention and mitigation. This book is such a great guide though and encourages eating many of the right things to live a healthy lifestyle.
How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine, Michael Murray
Posted by JourneyThruWellness on Sep 09, 2011
really great book, with lots of practical information for preventing cancers and treating cancers. Very useful tool