Books, The Menopause Thyroid Solution, Mary J. Shomon, 390 Page Paper-Back Book (Discontinued Item)
- Shipping Weight: 0.77 lbs (0.35kg)
- Product Code: BKS-58264
- UPC Code: 9780061582646
- Package Quantity:
- Dimensions: 1 x 5.3 x 8 in, 0.65 lbs (0.29kg)
Overcome Menopause by Solving Your Hidden Thyroid Problems
"Mary Shomon provides a comprehensive service for sufferers of thyroid disease." - TIME
If you're one of the forty million American women struggling through menopause, you probably know all about the symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, and depression. But what you may not know is that the drop in reproductive hormones frequently triggers a thyroid slowdown—a "thyropause"—that can be the main cause for those troublesome symptoms. In fact, you may not even need hormone therapy, wild yam and progesterone creams, or others like black cohosh for a symptom-free menopause. What you really need is to begin to pay attention to your thyroid.
In The Menopause Thyroid Solution, Mary J. Shomon will help you:
- Recognize the symptoms of a thyroid problem versus those of menopause
- Learn how to get your problems diagnosed and treated
- Find out what and how to eat, what medications to consider, what supplements to take, and what lifestyle changes to make
- Improve your metabolism and increase your energy
Diagnosed with a thyroid disease in 1995, Mary J. Shomon has transformed her health challenges into a mission as a nationally known patient advocate. She is the author of The Thyroid Diet and Living Well with Hypothyroidism, and lives in Kensington, Maryland.
Harper Collins Publishers