Books, The Menopause Thyroid Solution, Mary J. Shomon, 390 Page Paper-Back Book (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Overcome Menopause by Solving Your Hidden Thyroid Problems
"Mary Shomon provides a comprehensive service for sufferers of thyroid disease." - TIME
If you're one of the forty million American women struggling through menopause, you probably know all about the symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, and depression. But what you may not know is that the drop in reproductive hormones frequently triggers a thyroid slowdown—a "thyropause"—that can be the main cause for those troublesome symptoms. In fact, you may not even need hormone therapy, wild yam and progesterone creams, or others like black cohosh for a symptom-free menopause. What you really need is to begin to pay attention to your thyroid.
In The Menopause Thyroid Solution, Mary J. Shomon will help you:
- Recognize the symptoms of a thyroid problem versus those of menopause
- Learn how to get your problems diagnosed and treated
- Find out what and how to eat, what medications to consider, what supplements to take, and what lifestyle changes to make
- Improve your metabolism and increase your energy
Diagnosed with a thyroid disease in 1995, Mary J. Shomon has transformed her health challenges into a mission as a nationally known patient advocate. She is the author of The Thyroid Diet and Living Well with Hypothyroidism, and lives in Kensington, Maryland.
Harper Collins Publishers
This book is a great read about how the symptoms of menopause and low thyroid are about the same so doctors diagnose women of a certain age as being menopausal without even running tests to see what hormone levels are low or normal or whatever. Also about how they correlate to each other so once one becomes low the other will become low.
Very comprehensive book.
Posted by Reviewer1641883 on Aug 27, 2012
This is a very informative, well written book.
good information, repetitive
Posted by Reviewer2344847 on Sep 22, 2011
On page 10 I already got some useful information, but the rest of the book looks like her others. I am still lacking many specifics on treatments of Menopause.
Posted by Reviewer1699814 on Jul 11, 2011
This book, combined with "The 21st Century is Making You Fat" helps me understand my weight problem, which entered my life with menopauze....
Posted by Reviewer3055813 on May 30, 2011
This book is very informative