Cafe Altura, Organic Coffee, Fair Trade Dark Blend, 12 oz (339 g)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- The Original Organic Coffee
- Hand Grown on Cooperatives
- Coffee the Way Nature Intended
- Fair Trade Certified
- Certified Kosher
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by Stellar Certification Services
Cafe Altura Fair Trade coffees are organically grown at altitudes above 3000 feet on small farm cooperatives in developing countries, without the use of harmful chemical fertilizers and pesticides. The Fair Trade system gives local farmers direct access to international markets, assists in their business development and promotes a balanced and healthy growing environment that replenishes the topsoil and provides a winter home to many species of migratory birds. Cafe Altura pays a "fair & just" price for the coffee, allowing a higher standard of living, community development, educational opportunities for children, and providing an alternative to the cultivation of illicit drug crops.
A Story as Old as the Land...
When coffee was discovered a thousand years ago, it was a preciously guarded secret, so valuable the beans were used as currency. In 1980, a group of coffee lovers in Ojai, California heard of a family farm in the mountains of Mexico which grew coffee naturally, the same way it had been when first found in the wilds. Setting off on an adventure, our coffee lovers found a place where self-sustaining agriculture produced a smooth and aromatic coffee with no trace of bitterness. They came back and started Cafe Altura, the original organic coffee, so you can taste coffee the way nature intended.
Contents measured by weight not volume