Now Foods, Cap M Quick, "00" Size Capsule Filler (Discontinued Item)
By Now Foods
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Do it Yourself Capsule Filler
- Assemble: Before starting, place capsule holder on large paper. Place spacers on end posts facing center. Set holder on the four corner posts resting on spacers above base.
- Load: Manually separate capsule placing the longer half into holes. (Top of capsules should be below surface of holder)
- Fill: Pour powdered herbs or vitamins onto holder spreading substances evenly with card, filling all capsules. Remove excess substance carefully by scraping from holder onto paper.
- Cap: Turn end spacers 90°. Holder will fall down exposing upper half of filled capsules. Manually replace top cap, and remove filled capsules.
iHerb Customer Reviews
But figured out a way to cap the darn things pretty easily. The filling part is simple and the fixture works great. Trying to hold the cap...without flexing it out of round...which makes it impossible to install, was the problem. The solution was found in a Bic Round Stic Grip medium ball point pen. I snipped off the pocket tab on the cap and packed it nearly full of tissue paper. The capsule top fits perfectly into the pen cap and the packing prevents it from going in too far and allows you to apply some pressure. When filling the fixture, the caps are placed on the table in front as the bodies are inserted into their holes. When you have all the bodies full, the butt of the pen can be pressed into each to compress the contents if you want to get a bit more in. Capping is as simple as picking up each cap with your newly made tool and inserting it with a little twist onto each body. The tissue packing allows you to press them down while still pulling the tool off easily. SO much easier than trying to do it with the fingers. It takes me about 2-5 seconds to cap each one. When all are started, go back with a finger and firmly press until the 'click'. Give it a try!
Posted by Reviewer2061397 on Nov 28, 2009
I guess this did the job but it does not fill the top half of the cap. Also I wonder if really saves that much time from me filling them manually. I am still using it, I just wonder if there a better way.
Cap M Quick Capsule filler
Posted by Reviewer1801521 on Nov 28, 2009
Good product at great price and very prompt delivery.
Posted by Reviewer1392856 on Nov 04, 2009
Serves it's purpose
Posted by Reviewer2006843 on Nov 02, 2009
I found the filler to be very easy to use, especially so as my right hand is slower due to a stroke I had 18 months ago.
Not as good as the 0 capsule filler
Posted by Reviewer2213796 on Oct 21, 2009
I was disappointed when I used the 00 size capsule filler. Unlike the 0 size capsule filler which I have, this contraption is not levelled. Hence , it is impossible to fill the capsules easily as the 00 sized capsule pops out of the top rack. Disappointing that the quality control was so poor.