Celebration Herbals, Herbal Tea, Chaste Tree Berries, Caffeine Free, 24 Tea Bags, 0.95 oz (27 g) (Discontinued Item)2 Reviews
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.47 lbs (0.21 kg)
- Product Code: CLB-20114
- UPC Code: 628240201140
- Package Quantity: 24 Tea Bags, 0.95 oz (27 g)
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 3.4 x 5.8 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
- Absolutely Organic
- Kosher Pareve
- USDA Organic
- Verified Organic
- Better Herbs Make Better Tea
- Certified Organic by Pro-Cert
About Chaste Tree Berries...
Chaste tree berries are also known as vitex or "monk's pepper." Vitex "trees" grow from 3 to 18 feet high and produce dark purple aromatic berries about the size of peppercorns that smell and taste like fresh ground pepper.
The ancient Greeks thought vitex encouraged chastity, so leaves of the plants were strewn on couches associated with Demeter, the goddess of agriculture. As this legend was passed on, monks would carry the leaves in their pockets to assist in their vows of celibacy.
It all starts with the herbs. Celebration Herbals is dedicated to bringing you the best tasting teas, grown and processed as close to "the way nature intended" as possible and never irradiated.
Our herbs are grown and harvested with the highest standards of quality control. You can trust our new special designations - Certified Organic, Ethically Wildcrafted, Organically Grown and Pure Quality.
We are committed to the environment. In this box you won't find any strings, tags, or staples in our chlorine free bags. In addition, our boxes are made from 100% recycled board. A resealable freshness bag is used to extend the quality and life of your tea.
We hope you enjoy the beneficial pleasure of drinking these teas as much as we have enjoyed blending, hand crafting and packaging them for you.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring of filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavor, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea: be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour boiling water over teabags, cover, and steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Organic chaste tree berry (vitex agnus-castus).
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
No flavorings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
iHerb Customer Reviews
It's not the best tea by any means. It tastes rather peppery and roasted, a bit like burnt toast. It's not exactly unpleasant to the taste. Since I have so many symptoms to take care of, and there's only so much tea I can drink, I combined this with 1 elderberry tea bag. Not the best combination. The elderberries did sweeten the taste a bit with their fruity flavor but the strong vitex taste persisted. Nevertheless, this does its job of helping counteract overwhelming fatigue and discomfort brought by severe hormonal imbalances (namely high levels of toxic estrogen); it does this by stimulating the brain (hypothalamus or pituitary, I forget) to secrete more progesterone, thus balancing out these 2 hormones. I'll probably buy again, though caps are easiest, but it tastes better than the liquid extracts.