Celebration Herbals, Herbal Tea, St. John's Wort, Caffeine Free, 24 Tea Bags, 1.26 oz (36 g) (Discontinued Item)2 Reviews
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.47 lbs (0.21 kg)
- Product Code: CLB-20186
- UPC Code: 628240201867
- Package Quantity: 24 Tea Bags, 1.26 oz (36 g)
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 3.4 x 5.8 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
- Absolutely Organic
- Kosher Pareve
- USDA Organic
- Verified Organic
- Better Herbs Make Better Tea
- Certified Organic by Pro-Cert
About St. John's Wort...
This European native puts forth an abundance of small yellow flowers on, or near, the proposed birthday of John the Baptist (May 24th), and is so named "St. John's Wort".
Well known, and used by ancient apothecaries, St. John's Wort enjoyed rigorous use through the middle ages right up until the middle of the 20th century. Today, it is increasing in popularity after many studies have confirmed its historic uses.
It all starts with the herbs. Celebration Herbals is dedicated to bringing you the best tasting teas, grown and processed as close to "the way nature intended" as possible and never irradiated.
Our herbs are grown and harvested with the highest standards of quality control. You can trust our new special designations - Certified Organic, Ethically Wildcrafted, Organically Grown and Pure Quality.
We are committed to the environment. In this box you won't find any strings, tags, or staples in our chlorine free bags. In addition, our boxes are made from 100% recycled board. A resealable freshness bag is used to extend the quality and life of your tea.
We hope you enjoy the beneficial pleasure of drinking these teas as much as we have enjoyed blending, hand crafting and packaging them for you.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring of filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- This is a delicate herb and is more potent when not exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavor, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
- If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Organic St. John's wort herb (hypericum perforatum).
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field your table.
No flavorings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
iHerb Customer Reviews
This tea really works for me and helps me calm down, fall asleep faster and get a good night’s rest. St. John's wort is one of the best known all-natural remedies for depression, anxiety, tiredness, loss of appetite and trouble sleeping. It contains hypericin and hyperforin which act on chemical messengers in the nervous system that regulate mood. Rich in vitamins minerals, amino acids, tannins, antioxidants, and flavonoids, it's also great for treating fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, migraine, headaches, muscle and nerve pain, irritable bowel syndrome, heart palpitations, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and seasonal affective disorder. It calms and relaxes your mind and body, aids digestion, improves appetite, relieves nausea and bloating, reduces inflammation, and even alleviates pain. It can also be applied topically to reduce skin irritation and inflammation, heal wounds, abscesses, sores, insect bites, scars, bruises, cuts, boils, blisters, burns and rashes. But St. John's wort tea should be taken in moderation, because it can cause serious sensitivity to light and lead to cataracts and even blindness. Overall, it's a pretty good tea and I would recommend it to anyone suffering from depression or anxiety.