Celebration Herbals, Organic, Herbal Tea, Chinese Classic Favourite Green Tea, 24 Tea Bags, 1.27 oz (36 g) (Discontinued Item)2 Reviews
- Expiration Date: Either this product has no expiration date, or the manufacturer has not provided us with an expiration date.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.47 lbs (0.21 kg)
- Product Code: CLB-20450
- UPC Code: 628240204509
- Package Quantity: 24 Tea Bags, 1.27 oz (36 g)
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 3.4 x 5.8 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
- Contains Caffeine
- Absolutely Organic Tea
- Smooth, Classic, and Serene Green Tea
- Traditional, Mellow, Chinese Green Tea
- USDA Organic
- Verified Organic
- Kosher Pareve
- Lemon Balm
- Certified Organic By Pro-Cert
Green Tea is celebrated as the original tea in China with its heritage dating back 5000 years. Traditional processing involves hand picking selected leaves, steaming, hand rolling, then roasting until they reach an acceptably low moisture content. This is a gentle, full bodied, satisfying, medium strength tea, neither harsh nor quick to go bitter.
Green Tea comes from the same source as White, Oolong, and Black Tea: the tea bush known to botanists as Camellia sinensis. All teas are generally distinguished from each other by where they come from and how they are fermented. This Green Tea comes from the Fujian region of China, where teas traditionally have a sweet, mellow, and smoky flavour because of the unique climate and mountainous growing conditions.
Green Tea is further distinguished by the way it is processed: fresh-picked tea leaves are gently rolled to break them and left (very briefly) to oxidize, or "ferment." Once slightly oxidized, they are roasted to seal in the flavours. A traditional Black or Oolong Tea would be oxidized for a longer period of time and roasted more heavily than this mild variety.
Absolutely Organic Chinese Green Tea
It all starts with the herbs. Celebration Herbals is dedicated to bringing you the best tasting teas, grown and processed as close to "the way nature intended" as possible and never irradiated.
Our herbs are grown and harvested with the highest standards of quality control. You can trust our new special designations - Certified Organic, Ethically Wildcrafted, and Pure Quality.
We are committed to the environment. In this box you won't find any strings, tags, or staples in our chlorine free bags. In addition, our boxes are made from 100% recycled cardboard. A resealable freshness bag is used to extend the quality and life of your tea.
We hope you enjoy the beneficial pleasure of drinking these teas as much as we have enjoyed blending, hand crafting and packaging them for you.
Herbally Yours, Celebration Herbals
The art of tea has evolved to include many rites and rituals; here are just a few that can affect the taste of your tea:
- Using good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using good quality spring, mineral, or filtered water.
- Rinse your teapot and cup with hot water immediately before brewing your tea. By keeping the water temperature high while steeping, more of the subtle aspects of your tea will be extracted from the tea leaves. Also, your tea will brew more quickly and stay hot longer.
- Water temperature is critical. For this tea, we recommend heating your water until it is vigorously boiling, then letting it cool slightly before pouring over the teabag(s).
- Use one teabag per cup of tea desired. Pour hot water over teabags, cover and steep, peeking & stirring occasionally. Optimal brewing time is about 11/2 minutes.
- As a tea cools, you will notice that its taste changes dramatically. Be sure to experiment and you may find more character in a specific tea than you ever imagined.
Organic chinese green tea (camellia sinensis)
We do not use artificial flavourings, preservatives, or sweeteners of any kind.
iHerb Customer Reviews
Rich in vitamins C, A, K, B vitamins (folic acid, pantothenic acid, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamins B6 and B12), minerals, amino acids, tannins, antioxidants, polyphenols, catechins and flavonoids, green tea is packed with health benefits and can help people suffering from coronary artery disease, cardiovascular conditions, hypertension, leukemia, kidney stones, diabetes, period cramps, headaches, chronic fatigue, water retention, gallstones and gallbladder disease, Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, osteoporosis, asthma, colds, flues, gingivitis, dental cavities, canker sores and gum disease, acne, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, and even cancer. It flushes toxins out of the body, facilitates healing, boosts the immune system, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, prevents blood clots, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, soothes and heals dry and damaged skin, and even reduces the risk of cancer. A used tea bag can be applied topically to heal wounds, scars, bruises, cuts, burns, rashes and acne-affected areas of your skin. A green tea mask or scrub improves the complexion, brightens and evens out skin tone, reduces redness, spots, blotchiness and small lines, helps break down old scar tissue and prevent premature aging. It's a great product and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their overall health and well-being.
Taste great but it's not cheap