Celebration Herbals, Organic, Herbal Tea, Dong Quai, Caffeine Free, 24 Tea Bags, 1.69 oz (48 g)2 Reviews
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.41 lbs (0.19 kg)
- Product Code: CLB-25127
- UPC Code: 628240251275
- Package Quantity: 24 Tea Bags, 1.69 oz (48 g)
- Dimensions: 2.3 x 3.2 x 5.7 in, 0.2 lbs (0.09 kg)
Combo Discount: -$2.38
- Absolutely Organic
- Rose Hip
- Stinging Nettle
- St. John's Wort
- Kosher Pareve
- USDA Organic
- Verified Organic
- Better Herbs Make Better Tea
- Lemon Balm
- Certified Organic By Pro-Cert
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
About Dong Quai...The use of Dong Quai, also known as "Tang Kuei" (which means "proper order"), is recorded as early as 400 B.C. and is considered to be the "empress of all herbs." It is highly valued in Chinese medicine as a lady's best friend, helping her to retain her youthful glow. Today, it continues to be one of the most widely used herbs in oriental medicine.
Dong Quai has a pungent flavor similar to celery, and is often used to enhance oriental soups and stews. It makes a very satisfying tea.
It all starts with the herbs. Celebration Herbals is dedicated to bringing you the best tasting teas, grown and processed as close to "the way nature intended" as possible and never irradiated.
Our herbs are grown and harvested with the highest standards of quality control. You can trust our new special designations - Certified Organic, Ethically Wildcrafted, Organically Grown and Pure Quality.
We are committed to the environment. In this box you won't find any strings, tags, or staples in our chlorine free bags. In addition, our boxes are made from 100% recycled board. A resealable freshness bag is used to extend the quality and life of your tea.
We hope you enjoy the beneficial pleasure of drinking these teas as much as we have enjoyed blending, hand crafting and packaging them for you.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
- If you desire a medicinal tea: This herb has a tough cellular structure and some heat is required to release all of its medicinal properties and flavor. Use one tea bag per cup of hot water in a stainless steel or glass pot, cover, boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. This is known as the decoction method. Extra tea can be kept in a covered glass jar for a day or two in the refrigerator.
- If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour boiling water over teabags, cover, and let steep 5 to 7 minutes to taste. Enjoy!
Organic dong quai root (angelica sinensis)
No flavorings, preservatives or sweeteners of any kind.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I really appreciate and highly recommend this product. Although iHerb offers several Dong Quai capsules, there are only two teas listed. I am trying to regulate my hormones as I ease off of hormonal contraception, and drinking tea is my preferred method rather than swallowing a whole bunch of pills. Dong Quai is supposed to be wonderful for regulating hormones, and the quality of this Dong Quai is top notch. Although Celebration Herbals is more expensive than the Dong Quai tea listed by Health King, it is important to note that *this* tea is pure Dong Quai while the Health King tea consists of a pinch of Dong Quai mixed with a bunch of other herbs. I'm surprised to see that Celebration Herbals' products as a whole don't have many ratings on iHerb. I have purchased several of their teas and found them all to be excellent, and their Dong Quai is no exception. Try it, you won't be disappointed.