Crunchies Food Company, Freeze Dried Pineapple, 1.5 oz (42 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- All Natural
- No Fat
- Only 25 Calories per Serving
- Contains 6 Servings of Fruit*
- No Added Sugar
- Nature's Ultimate Snack Food
- Certified Gluten Free
- Kosher Parve
- Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
- 100% Real Fruit
- No Preservatives
- Raw Food
Did You Know: It takes 8-10 lbs of fresh fruit to make 1 lb of Crunchies?
What are Chrunchies?
Crunchies are made through a unique freeze-drying process where water is removed in a refrigerated vacuum, leaving only the essence of vegetable or fruit with a crunchy texture. Absolutely nothing else is added.
Crunchies VS. Dried Fruit
90% Crunchies / 45% Dried Fruit - More Nutrients & Antioxidants
- Crunchies special drying process retain an average 90% of the nutrients compared to fresh fruits (Air drying retains an average of only 45% maximum).**
5 g Crunchies / 25 g Dried Fruit - No Added Sugar
- 1/4 cup of fruit Crunchies has an average of 5 grams of total sugar. 1/4 cup of fried fruit has an average of 25 grams of total sugar.**
3-4% Crunchies / 8-25% Dried Fruit - Less Retained Water After Drying
- Less water means the flavor is more concentrated - you get the essence of the fruit. All dried fruits have more water than Crunchies. Less water = better value.**
*The USDA recommends 4 servings of fruits a day for older children and adults and 2 servings for children (2-5 yrs). One serving equals 1/2 cup.
**Actual results may vary by fruit.
Packaged in a facility that packages milk, eggs, wheat and soy products.
Store in cool dry area and keep out of direct sunlight.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (7 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 6|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
Posted by Reviewer1385493 on May 01, 2011
great, perfect snack
Was this review helpful to you?
1 person found the following review helpful
Posted by RutLervik on Sep 04, 2011
These taste like candy! Me and my kids love them :)
Posted by Reviewer1214295 on Jul 30, 2011
These pineapple crunchies are wonderful! Unlike anything I have ever seen before. I like the fact that there is nothing else added, just pure simple fruit. I use these as a "pick me up" snack at work and at home when I get the "sweet tooth" craving. This company also makes these crunchies in Strawberry which are a bit tartier than the pineapple - I like them all. I hope I-Herb will carry more types of these crunchies in different fruits and the veggies. Highly recommend! RL in North Carolina
Posted by Reviewer3216279 on Aug 18, 2011
Im not even the hugest pineapple fan and i absolutely love these!!! They satisfy cravings!