DeLallo, Elbows No. 52, 100% Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $5.02|
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Cook 6 Min.
- 100% Whole Grains 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium organic grain.
This grain is expertly milled with the texture of semolina for a superior feel & flavor, while retaining all its healthy, whole wheat goodness. At DeLallo, we take time with your pasta.
Our dough is slow kneaded with cool, spring water and dried at low temperatures, so that your pasta keeps its fresh-bread taste and cooks "al dente" every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Once the most common of short cuts, elbows are most often dressed in creamy cheese sauces that are easily caught in their hollow, curved tubes.
Pasta by the Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. 1/4 cup salt.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 6 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors, and serve.
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Values*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
Our whole family including small children liked this pasta. It doesn't taste bland like many whole wheat pastas. I will purchase it again.
Kids love it!
Posted by 5479420659352045508 on Jun 17, 2015
Love this whole wheat macaroni. It's healthy, tastes great, cooks fast, and the kids love it. Couldn't ask for more.
Posted by 4667548592701385778 on Dec 12, 2013
Delicious, nutritious and cheap - what more do you want? Easy to recommend.
A favorite of mine!
Posted by Reviewer1053096 on Oct 28, 2013
I love that it's whole wheat and organic, but combine that with taste and texture and this is a winner! I have this in my pantry all the time.
Posted by Reviewer2054091 on Aug 24, 2013
I could eat these with just butter and crystal salt. In fact, I do.