DeLallo, Shells No. 91, 100% Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Cook 9 Min
- Made with Bronze Plates
- 100% Whole Grain - 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium organic grain.
Expertly milled, our whole wheat flour is finely ground for the texture of semolina, while retaining all of its healthy, whole wheat goodness. The flour is kneaded slowly with cool, spring water and extruded using bronze plates.
The unique, coarse surface that results will hug your favorite sauce & enhance the flavor of your dishes. With a traditional method of slow drying at low temperatures, DeLallo pasta retains its fresh-bread taste and cooks “al dente” every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Developed in Central & Southern Italy, these concave seashells fill up with sauce for the maximum flavor of any dish.
Pasta by The Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. ¼-cup salt, never oil.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back up to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 9 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors and serve.
Tips For: Perfect Pasta
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories from gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
iHerb Customer Reviews
whole wheat pasta
Posted by Reviewer2574826 on May 11, 2011
Good in taste, but a little thick consistency
Was this review helpful to you?
1 person found the following review helpful
Great Product, Great Price!
Posted by Reviewer3319725 on Nov 28, 2011
Great Product, Great Price!
Posted by 4667548592701385778 on Dec 12, 2013
Super-nutritious, tasty and so so cheap. The easiest recommendation ever.
Takes a long time to cook
Posted by 4890758919707696264 on Oct 02, 2013
This pasta takes a long time to cook - possibly because it's whole wheat?? You can taste the whole wheat in the pasta itself, it tastes a bit like porridge/cereal. Not bad, but unexpected. You wouldn't really taste this with a sauce though.