Doctor's Best, Best Alpha Lipoic Acid, 150 mg, 120 Capsules
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Dietary Supplement
- Defends Against Free Radicals
- Not Suitable for Vegetarians
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a fatty acid that functions like a vitamin, although it is not classified as a vitamin. As a coenzyme, ALA plays an important role in the metabolism of glucose that produces energy in cells. ALA also has antioxidant properties and thus is important for controlling free radicals. Because it is soluble in both water and fat, ALA is sometimes referred to as the "universal antioxidant."
- Supports the body's defenses against free radicals
- Recycles antioxidant nutrients such as vitamin C and vitamin E
- Helps maintain a healthy blood sugar level when used as part of the diet
Adult Use: Take 1 to 6 capsules daily, with or without food.
Cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), gelatin (capsule).
Contains nothing other than listed ingredients
|Serving Size 1 capsule|
|Servings per container 120 servings|
|Amount per serving||% Daily Value|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||150 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Works at a good price
Works at a good price
Keep in mind if you are loaded with heavy metals taking a lot of this stuff (over 50mg) could be a bad idea. Large doses will cause a massive redistribution of metals from safe places to unsafe places (brain, heart) which is why many people report adverse reactions. I use this product for chelation but I use it every three hours at 10mg. If I take 150mg I get too many mental symptoms. Potent and effective product.
Be sure to contact your doctor before taking this
Alpha lipoic acid good detox for liver
Posted by 5240552843322575221 on Jan 16, 2017
Alpha lipoic acid good detox for many liver intoxications and liver poisoning.
Posted by 4700736199089901323 on Jan 10, 2017
Posted by Reviewer2678163 on Jan 05, 2017
My mom used to describe the uncomfortable feeling in her legs as stingy (Sting-ee like tingling). I have been taking as suggested for years for that same issue and it helps.
Posted by Reviewer1891528 on Dec 01, 2016
I cant tell a lot more, because I didnt take it long enough, but I think it will be ok.