Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, Organic Hand & Body Shikakai Soap, Lemongrass Lime, 12 fl oz (355 ml) (Discontinued Item)82 Reviews
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.24 lbs (0.56 kg)
- Product Code: DBR-95005
- UPC Code: 018787950050
- Package Quantity: 12 fl oz (355 ml)
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 2.6 x 6.2 in, 1.05 lbs (0.48 kg)
- Certified Fair Trade
- Fair for Life
- USDA Organic
- No Detergents
- Over 150 Years & 5 Generations of Soap Excellence
- Certified Under the USDA National Organic Program
- No Foaming Agents
- 100% Biodegradable!
- Oregon Tilth Certified Organic
Organic shikakai comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree acacia concinna, and has been used for over 1000 years in India as a gentle conditioning cleanser for both skin and hair. We extract the shikakai in organic sugar and grape juice which have excellent humectant (moisturizing) qualities, and combine with Dr. Bronner's castile soap base for rich emollient lather.
Did you know that organic sugar is one of the best things you can use on your skin? The reason is that it is a natural humectant. Whereas salt pulls water out of the skin, sugar puts it back in. So in addition to giving our soaps a wonderful caramel aroma and color, they also make sure that the skin of your face and body is hydrated and super-soft and smooth
Organic Hair Care in 3 Easy Steps:
- Shampoo with your favorite Dr. Bronner's soap. True soaps clean hair well but can leave a tangly look & feel; however...
- Rinsing with our new Organic Shikakai Conditioning rinse results in spectacular look and feel! Just stir 1-2 capfuls of this rinse into a cup of water, close eyes and slowly pour while massaging into hair. Keep hand combing hair until hair feels entirely sleek (~30 seconds). Rinse out well. Repeat if necessary in extra hard water conditions or with longer hair.
- After drying lightly with a towel, massage in Dr. Bronner's new USDA Organic Leave-In Conditioning Cream for added silkiness and softness.
Caution: Keep out of eyes: wash out with water 15 min and consult a physician if irritation persists. Do not refill with Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps which can clog the dispenser and spurt soap. In this superb formula, the shikakai extracted in organic natural sugars also keeps the pump from clogging.
Not animal tested
Organic white grape juice, organic sucrose*, organic coconut oil*, potassium hydroxide**, organic olive oil*, organic shikakai powder, organic fair deal hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic lemongrass oil, organic lemon oil, organic lime oil, citric acid, tocopherol.
*Certified Fair Trade Ingredients
**None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin.
iHerb Customer Reviews
This soap is wonderful. I love that it is all natural and it cleans so well without being over-drying. The Lemongrass Lime scent is fabulous and fresh smelling without being perfumey. The only negative I have to say is that it stings a bit if you have any cuts or scrapes, which isn't great for my toddler. The Baby Unscented version doesn't smell as nice but doesn't cause the stinging, so I will probably get that from now on, though I will miss this wonderful scent!
Great alternative to the regular Dr.Bonners castile soap. It lathers up well but will try a different scent next time the Lemongrass is a little over powering.