Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, Organic Hand & Body Shikakai Soap, Spearmint Peppermint, 12 fl oz (355 ml) (Discontinued Item)24 Reviews
1.24 lbs (0.56 kg)
- Product Code: DBR-95002
- UPC Code: 018787950029
- Package Quantity: 12 fl oz (355 ml)
- Dimensions: 2.6 x 2.6 x 6.2 in, 1.05 lbs (0.48 kg)
- Volume Discount
- Certified Fair Trade
- Fair for Life
- USDA Organic
- No Detergents
- No Foaming Agents
- Over 150 Years & 5 Generations of Soap Excellence
- Certified Under the USDA National Organic Program
- 100% Biodegradable!
- Oregon Tilth Certified Organic
Organic shikakai comes from the seed pods of the small south asian tree acacia concinna, and has been used for over 1000 years in India as a gentle conditioning cleanser for both skin and hair. We extract the shikakai in organic sugar and grape juice which have excellent humectant (moisturizing) qualities, and combine with Dr. Bronner's castile soap base for rich emollient lather.
Did you know that organic sugar is one of the best things you can use on your skin? The reason is that it is a natural humectant. Whereas salt pulls water out of the skin, sugar puts it back in. So in addition to giving our soaps a wonderful caramel aroma and color, they also make sure that the skin of your face and body is hydrated and super-soft and smooth.
Organic Hair Care in 3 Easy Steps:
- Shampoo with your favorite Dr. Bronner's soap. True soaps clean hair well but can leave a tangly look & feel; however...
- Rinsing with our new Organic Shikakai Conditioning Rinse results in spectacular look and feel! Just stir 1-2 capfuls of this rinse into a cup of water, close eyes and slowly pour while massaging into hair. Keep hand combing hair until hair feels entirely sleek (~30 seconds). Rinse out well. Repeat if necessary in extra hard water conditions or with longer hair.
- After drying lightly with a towel, massage in Dr. Bronner's new USDA Organic Leave-In Conditioning Creme for added silkiness and softness.
Caution: Keep out of eyes: wash out with water 15 min and consult a physician if irritation persists. Do not refill with Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Liquid Soaps which can clog the dispenser and spurt soap. In this superb formula, the shikakai extracted in organic natural sugars also keeps the pump from clogging.
Not animal tested
Organic white grape juice, organic sucrose*, organic coconut oil*, potassium hydroxide**, organic olive oil*, organic shikakai powder, organic fair deal hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, organic peppermint oil*, organic spearmint oil*, citric acid, tocopherol.
*Certified Fair Trade Ingredients
**None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I love Dr. Bronner's soaps but find most of them drying to the skin. I'm not sure if it's just the addition of shikakai, but I find this version of their soap to be superior. It's non-drying and has that refreshingly strong peppermint scent. Works well as a hand/body soap and even as a shampoo. This product is hard to find; glad iherb carries it.
Smell is good and cleans well, but consistency was first unused to - too liquid.