Earth's Best, Organic Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal, 8 oz (227 g)
By Earth's Best494 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.79 lbs (0.36 kg)
- Product Code: JAS-90017
- UPC Code: 023923900172
- Package Quantity: 8 oz (227 g)
- Dimensions: 2 x 5.5 x 7.3 in, 0.65 lbs (0.29 kg)
Combo Discount: -$2.03
- The Earth's Best Way to Grow
- 45% Daily Value of Iron for Infants
- No GEI
- Grown Without Potentially Harmful Pesticides or Herbicides
- For Babies Ready to Move Beyond Rice Cereal
- Easily Digestible
- Iron Fortified
- No Genetically Engineered Ingredients
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI)
All Babies Begin Life 100% Pure...Feed Them Accordingly
— From the first spoonful on, you can be sure your baby's rapidly developing little body is getting only pure, healthy, organic nutrition. We take extra steps with our cereal and all our baby foods.
- Organic Certified Grown Without Potentially Harmful Pesticides or Herbicides
- 45% Daily Value of Iron for Infants
- 25% of the Daily Value for Six B Vitamins
- Made with No Genetically Engineered Ingredients
- Unsalted & Unsweetened
- Only Whole Grain
- Never any Artificial Colors or Preservatives
Organic & Made with No Genetically Engineered Ingredients
— The long-term effects of potential pesticide residues are not fully understood, but we do know that the risks are real, especially for infants and children. That's why Earth's Best Organic brings you only organic foods grown without potentially harmful pesticides or herbicides. Earth's Best Organic is also never made with genetically engineered ingredients.
We fortify our cereals with key nutrients including Iron, Zinc & B Vitamins
- 25% of the Daily Value for 6 B-complex vitamins that help support a healthy immune and nervous system to help your baby convert food into energy to power their day.
- Zinc is an important mineral for infants, as it plays a key role during this time of rapid growth and development, as well as cell repair and immune functions.
- Pediatricians recommend the introduction of iron-rich foods, including fortified cereals, to help maintain adequate iron levels for both breast fed and formula fed infants.
Whole Grain Natural Goodness
— Unlike processed grains, whole grains are not stripped of nutrients, giving your baby more naturally occurring vitamins and minerals in a gentle, digestible cereal.
Simply Mix & Serve
- Pour desired amount of cereal in a bowl.
- Stir in liquid (breast milk, formula or water).
- Mix to desired consistency.
- Serve as is or warm.
- Discard any remaining cereal from feeding.
For Baby's First Feeding
Mix 1 tablespoon of dry cereal with 3-4 tablespoons of breast milk or formula. Increase liquid to reach desired consistency. Gradually increase serving amount over next several feedings.
- Heat liquid of choice** on medium (50%) power for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Pour and mix heated liquid thoroughly with cereal to even out temperature.
- Test temperature before serving.
**Note: Breast milk should not be microwaved as it breaks down its composition.
Organic whole grain oat flower, vitamins & minerals (calcium phosphate, ferric pyrophosphate, folic acid, alpha tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), niacinamide (vitamin B3), zinc oxide, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6)), alpha amylase (enzyme).
Oats may contain traces of wheat.
Store in a cool dry place.
Use within 30 days of opening.
Package sold by weight not volume. (Contents may settle during shipping.)
|Serving Size: 4 Tbsp (14 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Your baby also needs a lot of sunlight and DHA for his/her optimal physical and brain development. I buy Nordic Naturals, Baby's DHA with Vitamin D3, 2 fl oz (NOR-53787) for this purpose. Another baby’s first solid food I recommend is Earth's Best, Organic Whole Grain Rice Cereal (JAS-90001). I rotate these two cereals. I don’t worry about “arsenic” in rice cereal at all. Arsenic is a naturally occurring element widely distributed in the earth's crust, in the oceans, and in most plant and animal matter. In the environment, arsenic is combined with oxygen, chlorine, and sulfur to form "inorganic" arsenic compounds. These are the highly toxic forms of arsenic. But in animals and plants, arsenic combines with carbon and hydrogen to form "organic" arsenic compounds, which are far less toxic. The toxicity of arsenic primarily depends on its valence state -- its proclivity for bonding with other molecules. Most inorganic forms of arsenic are highly active and readily bond with molecules in the human body. In other words, the more likely it is to be toxic. Organic arsenic molecules such as arsenobetaine and arsenocholine, on the other hand, have little tendency to bond with human tissue and are rapidly excreted in unchanged form in the urine -- thus making them relatively nontoxic. Because arsenic is so omnipresent in the soil and ocean water, the average person consumes, on average, about 10-50 millionths of a gram of arsenic a day, with over two thirds of that coming from organic sources. And in truth, levels of 1,000 micrograms are not unusual following consumption of fish or mushrooms. But again, there is little danger from these sources because these are organic arsenic compounds and are virtually non-toxic. Inorganic arsenic sprayed on foods as a pesticide would be a different story.
I was so disappointed to open my box of cereal to realise it has turned lumpy. It could be due to our humid weather but I believ it would have helped if it came with a plastic or foil bag