Eden Foods, Arame Sea Vegetable, 2.1 oz (60 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $2.61|
- Japanese, Hand Harvested, Wild
Eden Sea Vegetables provide a wealth of trace minerals, essential for rounded vegetable kingdom nourishment.
Eden Arame grows wild off the coast of Ise (eesay) Japan an environmentally protected area. Carefully selected, tender fronds are hand harvested each summer, sun dried, cooked for five hours to tenderize, and thinly sliced before final drying. Eden Arame is an excellent choice for introducing friends to sea vegetables. It's easy to prepare and has a mild flavor and a pleasing texture.
To Prepare: Soak for 5 minutes in cold water and drain. Add to soups, stews and casseroles, or saute with vegetables. For salads and marinated dishes, boil for 10 minutes before adding. Cooked and chopped arame can also be used to make stuffed mushrooms, and grain, tofu, or tempeh burgers.
- 2 cups Eden Arame, soaked
- 1 Tablespoon Eden Toasted Sesame Oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons Eden Shoyu, or to taste 1/4 cup scallions, chopped for garnish.
Heat oils in a skillet and saute onion for 3 minutes. Add carrot, arame, corn and water. Cover, bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes. Add shoyu soy sauce, cook 5 minutes longer and garnish. Serves 4.
Arame (eisenia bicyclis).
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup (10 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 6|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Calories from fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g||28%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Excellent Iodine Replacement !
Posted by Reviewer1411888 on Aug 10, 2012
A while back I noticed that I was losing my hair in some spots on my Head & had no clue why this was happening. Again iHerb's reasearch options came to the rescue. Evidently the Thyroid reacts in this manner if there is a low Iodine presents in the body. I always check labels carefully & found that most items I purchased had a very low Iodine ingredient, if any. Since using Arame Sea Vegetables frequently, with there high Iodine content, I have noticed that my Hair-Issue has almost disappeared.
Posted by Reviewer2990629 on Sep 15, 2011
good product and a good price
Nice taste and texture.
Posted by Reviewer3004086 on Jan 25, 2011
Perfect soaked for "vegan sushi".
a bit salty..but that is the nature of sea veggie
Posted by Reviewer1438072 on Nov 07, 2010
wish there was a way they could get the sodium down..