Eden Foods, Selected, Shiso Leaf Powder, 1.76 oz (50 g)
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Pickled Beefsteak Leaf
- Kosher Parve
Eden Shiso Leaf Powder
'Shiso' leaf, a red herb, pickled in ume vinegar and dried. The condiment used to flavor and color traditional foods such as umeboshi. Tangy, great in salads and sushi, use on grain vegetables, in soups or stews. Can be used in place of salt.
Sweet vegetable and millet
- 1 cup organic millet, washed & drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch Eden sea salt
- ½ cup organic sweet corn
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons Eden Shiso Leaf Powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely minced
Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add millet and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water, corn, carrots and sea salt. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer on low for 30 to 35 minutes. Place on a serving dish. Sprinkle equal amount of Eden Shiso and parsley over each serving.
Shiso (beefsteak leaf), ume vinegar (ume plum, shiso, sea salt), sea salt.
|Serving Size: 1 tsp (1 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 50|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|