Farmer's Market Foods, Organic Butternut Squash, 15 oz (425 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Good for You
- Good for the World
- BPA Free Liner
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
Thanks to Farmer’s Market Organic Butternut Squash, everyone can enjoy the sweet flavor and silky texture of this rich and popular squash all year long without the hassle…we’ve eliminated the difficulty in preparing it by cracking the “nut” ourselves and creating this amazing and versatile puree. We’re seeing it used more than ever in homemade recipes. It’s also popping up on more restaurant menus as a featured main dish.
Homemade Organic Butternut Soup
- 1 15 oz can Farmer's Market Organic Butternut
- 14 oz organic broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 medium organic onion
- 2 diced organic carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups organic half & half
In a large pot add broth, onion, carrot, baking soda, salt, cinnamon (if using) and pepper. Simmer uncovered for ten to fifteen minutes until vegetables are soft.
(Optional: Put vegetable and broth into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Return to pot.)
Add butternut squash and half and half. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes and serve.
This smooth butternut puree is perfect for soups, sauces, and many other dishes.
Certified organic butternut squash.
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup (100 g)|
|Servings Per Container: about 4|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carb.||12 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|