Frontier Natural Products, Ground Cayenne, 90,000 Heat Units, 16 oz (453 g)19 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.24 lbs (0.56 kg)
- Product Code: FRO-00114
- UPC Code: 089836001146
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (453 g)
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 7 x 7 in, 1.05 lbs (0.48 kg)
- Important Note:
Note: Korean Customs will quarantine and inspect this item before final shipment to the customer. Please be advised that ordering this item could cause delivery delays
This product is already in your Notification List.
Cancel notification request.
This product is now in your Notification List.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Capsicum Annuum
This colorful, ground chili pepper will turn up the heat and color in your cooking. Use it in favorite ethnic recipes, or sprinkle it on at the table whenever a dish needs extra zip.
Cayenne adds color and flavor to Southwestern salsas, Indian chutneys, Thai curries, Mexican enchiladas, Chinese stir-fries, Texan chili con carnes, Cajun hot sauce, and many other recipes. Cayenne provides an easy way to perk up stir-fries, soups, stews, grain, meat or vegetable recipes--just about any savory dish.
If you like kick in your recipes, you'll find cayenne indispensable. A few tips:
- If you're not used to cooking with chili peppers--even the ground variety--start with very small amounts. Don't use a literal "pinch," though, because you don't want to get it on your fingers! (If you do get it on your fingers, then wash them right away; don't put them near your eyes or nose!)*
- Keep in mind that dishes containing chili pepper often get hotter as they sit or are stored. So err on the side of using less. (You can always add more at the table, if you prefer a hotter dish.)
- If you get too much heat in a dish, eat or drink dairy products like milk or yogurt to neutralize the burning--capsaicin isn't water soluble, so water won't do the trick. Starches like rice or bread sometimes help, too.
Chilies can be irritating to eyes and skin; use caution when handling.
|Serving Size: 1/4 tsp (0.6 g)|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
Nice hotness. I wish iherb would sell ground habanero or ghost pepper aswell, though. Or frontier natural's habanero flakes / whole dried habaneros. If you see this review, please contact iherb so we can get some really hot spices on here. =D
great and so hot. Most exciting product in iherb. I put it on everything, on hot cocoa, on banana.. Thinking of making tincture, dr.Schulze recipe is in google. Clogged nose opens instantly. Ihme etteivät laita tätä kurkkupastilleihin.