Frontier Natural Products, Ground Cayenne, 90,000 Heat Units, 16 oz (453 g)
You purchased this item onView this order
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- Capsicum Annuum
This colorful, ground chili pepper will turn up the heat and color in your cooking. Use it in favorite ethnic recipes, or sprinkle it on at the table whenever a dish needs extra zip.
Cayenne adds color and flavor to Southwestern salsas, Indian chutneys, Thai curries, Mexican enchiladas, Chinese stir-fries, Texan chili con carnes, Cajun hot sauce, and many other recipes. Cayenne provides an easy way to perk up stir-fries, soups, stews, grain, meat or vegetable recipes--just about any savory dish.
If you like kick in your recipes, you'll find cayenne indispensable. A few tips:
- If you're not used to cooking with chili peppers--even the ground variety--start with very small amounts. Don't use a literal "pinch," though, because you don't want to get it on your fingers! (If you do get it on your fingers, then wash them right away; don't put them near your eyes or nose!)*
- Keep in mind that dishes containing chili pepper often get hotter as they sit or are stored. So err on the side of using less. (You can always add more at the table, if you prefer a hotter dish.)
- If you get too much heat in a dish, eat or drink dairy products like milk or yogurt to neutralize the burning--capsaicin isn't water soluble, so water won't do the trick. Starches like rice or bread sometimes help, too.
Chilies can be irritating to eyes and skin; use caution when handling.
|Serving Size: 1/4 tsp (0.6 g)|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Nice hotness. I wish iherb would sell ground habanero or ghost pepper aswell, though. Or frontier natural's habanero flakes / whole dried habaneros. If you see this review, please contact iherb so we can get some really hot spices on here. =D
great and so hot. Most exciting product in iherb. I put it on everything, on hot cocoa, on banana.. Thinking of making tincture, dr.Schulze recipe is in google. Clogged nose opens instantly. Ihme etteivät laita tätä kurkkupastilleihin.
Posted by 4910051989374615946 on May 27, 2016
i would ask for stronger Cayenne powder, if possible. ollie
Posted by 5257558051193285628 on Feb 04, 2016
Nice deep orange red colour and a little goes a long way because it is really spicy! More spicy than chili padi! Awesome buy! Really recommend to those looking to add a spicy kick in their food!
So tasty and SPICY!
Posted by 5231800612931483152 on Dec 18, 2015
I consider myself a huge spicy food lover, so I am always looking for ways to add some spice to my food. I was pleasantly surprised with how spicy, brightly colored, and finely ground this product was. Because of its spiciness, I only need a little (half a teaspoon goes a long way) in my food which brings a lot of heat without adding an overpowering pepper taste. So far I have added it to curries, soups, sauces, and marinades. I even just sprinkle some on top of eggs and popcorn! FYI, Huy Fong Food's Sriracha sauce ranges between 1,000-1,500 heat units while Tabasco Sauce is 2,500-5,000 heat units to give you an idea of how spicy this pepper is.
Posted by 4939146178035508668 on Feb 14, 2015
I'm using up a prior product so haven't started this one yet, but I'm delighted to find it on your site. I take about 1/4 teaspoon daily to prevent clots.
Frontier Natural Products, Ground Cayenne - Hot and Hot,
Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014
This cayenne powder comes in a sealed aluminum foil pack. First get a used shaker (or any empty salt or pepper shaker, to put only the amount that you need. And presto, you have a Cayenne Shaker. I use to ./shake/ on any food that I eat. You can control the amount of /heat/ by the amount that you put in. The more, of course, the hotter, (Hot foods increases metabolism, improves circulation, and burns calories while you eat! ... But beware, it may make you improve your appetite more, which may make you eat more!) ... Put in in your soup, meat, fish, viand, anything! A superhot smoothie? Then ... put some in! :) >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"