- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.00|
- USDA Organic
- Trigonella Foenum-Graecum
- Certified Organic by QAI
Fenugreek seeds are rich in protein and in some cultures both the leaves and seeds are consumed as a food. As a seasoning, the seeds are used whole or ground in a variety of ethnic cuisines.
Fenugreek provides tang to Indian and Thai curry blends and other spice mixtures, chutneys and Middle Eastern halva. In several African countries and in Egypt, the seeds are roasted to produce a hot, coffee-like beverage. Egyptians also grind and mix the seeds with wheat flour to make bread. Fenugreek leaves are served as a vegetable in India. In the United States, fenugreek is used as a flavoring in beverages, candies and desserts, meat dishes, pickles, baked goods and puddings. Fenugreek and mint make a lovely tea blend. Extracts from the seeds are used for flavoring syrups and sauces (like artificial maple flavoring and imitation maple syrup) and pipe tobaccos. Use fenugreek sparingly; too much can make a dish bitter.