Frontier Natural Products, Sweet Basil, Leaf Flakes, 0.48 oz (13 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $5.00|
- Freshness Dated · Non-Irradiated
A lovely member of the mint family with a mildly peppery taste, a hint of clove and mint, basil is at the same time spicy and sweet, warm and fresh.
Common Name: Basil, Sweet
Plant Part: Leaf
Taste That Makes A Difference
You can feel good about the superior flavor of Frontier seasonings. We source our spices from growers committed to quality, sustainability and ethical trade.
The warm, sweet flavor of basil enhances soups, marinades and salad dressings. Its special affinity for tomatoes makes it indispensable in pizza, pasta sauces and other Italian dishes. To maintain its fresh flavor, add basil near the end of cooking time. Add a teaspoon per cup to tomato sauce.
Basil is a customary seasoning in tomato-based sauces, juices, and pesto. It blends well with oregano for pizza sauce, and with other seasonings, especially lemon, garlic, and thyme.
- Try basil with fish, poultry, beans, pasta, rice, eggs, and vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Use it in soups, stews, vinegars, and salad dressings (or sprinkle it directly on salads).
- Lay fresh leaves of basil over sliced fresh or buffalo mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil for a quick, light salad.
Product Notes: The warm, sweet flavor of basil enhances soups, marinades and salad dressings. Its special affinity for tomatoes makes it indispensable in pizza, pasta sauces and other Italian dishes. To maintain its fresh flavor, add basil near the end of cooking time. Add a teaspoon per cup to tomato sauce.