Fun Fresh Foods, Dowd & Rogers, Gluten Free Cake Mix, Dark Vanilla, 14 oz (397 g)2 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Product Code: FUN-25776
- UPC Code: 632474257767
- Package Quantity: 14 oz (397 g)
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 7 in, 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
- Wheat Free
- Made with Italian Chestnut Flour
Discussion: Each package of Dowd & Rogers Dark Vanilla Cake Mix contains one pouch with the gluten free flour blend and one pouch of Organic Cane Sugar giving consumers the option to use less sweetener than recommended or to substitute with a non-sugar sweetener.
Packed with the nutty sweetness of Italian Chestnut Flour, the natural goodness of Fine White Rice Flour and the silky smoothness of Tapioca Flour, our premium flour blend captures the innovative spirit of artisanal baking.
Makes a Single Layer Cake
Additional Ingredients Needed:
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup warm water
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 9 inch round cake pan or use parchment paper, trimmed to fit bottom of pan.
- Place contents of the Cane Sugar packet in a large mixing bowl. Cream Cane Sugar and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time to sugar mixture and beat until blended. Scrape down bow. Beat 5 seconds at medium speed.
- Reduce electric mix speed to slow. Alternately add the tan Flour Packet and water into sugar mixture and blend. Scrape down bowl. Blend thoroughly but do not over mix. Batter should be fairly thick. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake immediately.
- For a single layer cake bake for 23-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. For cupcakes, bake approximately 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and place on a rack. Cool completely before frosting. Keep covered.
For high altitude, bake at 375 F. for 28-30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite icing, fresh raspberry sauce, or with vanilla bean ice cream. Enjoy!
Organic cane sugar, gourmet flour blend (fine white rice flour, italian chestnut flour, tapioca flour), buttermilk powder, vanilla powder, aluminum free baking powder, himalayan pink sea salt, xanthan gum, and baking soda.
Store in cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup dry mix (50 g)|
|Serving Per Container: About 8|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total fat||<1 g||<1%†|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14%†|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g||2%†|
|†Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
|Total Fat||Less Than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less Than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less Than||300 mg||300 mg|
|2400 mg||2400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 mg||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
very good taste, the cake roll made with this mix is delicious and gluten free!
A wonderful cake mix. My cake turned out soft and very fragrant. I used President butter. Love the fact that the sugar is packed separately and I used about 20% less sugar. Absolutely delicious and I've bought it several times. Hope that it will never be discontinued.