FutureBiotics, Calcium Essentials, 90 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)3 Reviews
Shipping Weight: 1.01 lbs (0.46 kg)
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: FBS-02521
- UPC Code: 049479025213
- Package Quantity: 90 Veggie Caps
- Dimensions: 2.4 x 2.4 x 4.5 in, 0.6 lbs (0.27 kg)
- Volume Discount
- Health. Nature. Life.
- Super-Absorbent Calcium from Milk
- Clinically Proven Nutrients for Building Healthy Bones
- Dietary Supplement
Calcium & Bone Support Action Plan
Calcium is widely known to help build strong bones and healthy teeth. It is also an essential nutrient for the healthy function of the heart, nerves, blood and muscles. Stored in the bones, if the body does not get enough calcium through the diet, it will take calcium from bones to use for other functions. Over time, this can reduce bone strength and lead to osteoporosis, a potentially crippling disease characterized by fragile, thin bones. Adequate dietary calcium is essential for good health.
- Take FutureBiotics CalciumEssentials and a comprehensive multi-vitamin, plus include an abundance of calcium-rich foods such as broccoli, salmon and low-fat dairy. Consider healthy calcium enriched foods like cereals and fruit juice.
- With aging, bones can become brittle. Add at least 30 minutes of daily weight-bearing exercises such as walking, hiking, or dancing to help preserve bone mass.
- Include resistance exercises to increase flexibility.
- Incorporate balance exercises, which reduce the likelihood of falling and fractures.
- Vitamin D helps the body absorb and use calcium and is manufactured by the body in response to sunlight exposure. Whenever possible, get safe sunlight exposure.
- Men are also vulnerable to osteoporosis and should consume adequate calcium when young to achieve peak bone mass and when older to prevent bone loss.
Do's and Don'ts
- Menopausal women should be tested to evaluate bone integrity. A reduction in estrogen increases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Small, thinned-boned men and women are at higher risk for bone loss and should be screened.
- Alcohol not only compromises bone health, but also increases the risk of failing. Caffeine and smoking are also related to diminished bone mass.
Measure Your Progress
Know your bone mineral density (BMD). Discuss with your health professional ways to get adequate amounts of calcium in your diet, boost the strength and mass of your skeletal system and recognize the risk factors of osteoporosis.
CalciumEssentials-taking inspiration from Nature. This 100% vegetarian product (contains Calcium from milk) has an aromatic botanical essence added, along with the complementary nutrients Vitamin D and Magnesium. Glass packaging extends natural freshness and helps maintain potency.
- Milk Calcium - "Super absorbable" Calcium helps increase bone mineralization & prevent bone loss
- Calcium Citrate - More absorbable for increased bone protection
- Magnesium and vitamin D enhances calcium absorption
According to the U.S. Surgeon General, "by 2020, half of all American citizens over 50 will be at risk for fractures from osteoporosis and low bone mass if no immediate action is taken." Calcium Essentials provides one of the most absorbable forms of Calcium plus other complementary nutrients to help prevent bone loss.
Milk is one of the richest and most bioavailable sources of Calcium and other bone-supporting minerals, including Phosphorus, to help ensure better bone mineralization. Calcium Essentials derives 50% of its Calcium from all-natural, super-absorbable milk Calcium, which helps prevent bone loss.
Calcium Citrate is more absorbable than other common forms of Calcium. Minerals, like Calcium Citrate, are ionic compounds and better absorbed in acidic environments. As such, it can be taken anytime during the day, even on an empty stomach.
Low serum levels of Magnesium have been found to result in low serum levels of Calcium, which affects proper bone growth. Vitamin D, a fat soluble vitamin, assists with Calcium absorption from the digestive tract. Together, Magnesium, Vitamin D and natural Phosphorus from milk enhances the absorption of Calcium and provide the natural co-factors needed for strong bones.
Calcium Essentials is potency-enhanced with FutureBiotics BioAccelerators. Clinically-proven Bioperine (piper nigrum extract) improves nutrient bioavailability, while our proprietary natural compound of Ginger extract, Trikatu, super-potent Digezyme and Lactospore boosts digestion and absorption.
As a dietary supplement, take 6 capsules daily, preferably with meals. Product contains less than 1% lactose; may not be suitable for those individuals who are lactose intolerant.
Modified cellulose, cellulose, stearic acid, vegetable stearate, mint oil.
Contains milk nutrients.
Contains absolutely no added yeast, sugar, salt, starch, wheat, gluten, soy, artificial colors or preservatives.
Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing.
Keep out of reach of children.
|Serving Size: 6 capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 15|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D (as Vegetable Ergocalciferol)||100 IU||25%|
|Calcium (as 50% Milk Calcium, 50% Calcium Citrate)||1000 mg||100%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||125 mg||31%|
|Futurebiotics BioAccelerators (Bioperine, Ginger root extract, Trikatu, Digezyme, Lactospore)||23 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established|
iHerb Customer Reviews
This product is the best I've ever taken and reasonable for the great absorption. Last three times I ordered on Friday or Satuday (early) it took a lot longer for my product to arrive, very disappointing to be out of supplements 2 or more days!
I have tried some of FutureBiotics products and this one is a good product. I would buy it again. M. from Denver