Garden of Life, Organic Chia Seed, 12 oz (340 g)
Buy 4+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Sustainably Grown and Harvested on Organic Family Farmland
- Raw Organics
- Super Omega 3
- Promotes Heart and Brain Health
- Helps Maintain Healthy Cholesterol and Blood Sugar
- Promotes Healthy Digestion and Elimination
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Gluten Free
- USDA Organic
- High Omega 3s
RAW Organics is a line of USDA Certified Organic, RAW foods reflecting Garden of Life's commitment to:
- Re-nourish our country with wholesome, Certified Organic, non-GMO whole foods brought to you at affordable prices.
- Re-invigorate the backbone of our culture - family farmers - providing them with guaranteed contracts and fair wages.
Garden of Life's Super Omega 3 Chia Seed is specially grown for us on family farms. We have a project underway to convert U.S.A. family farmland into thriving businesses who employ the best certified organic, sustainable, and Non-GMO agriculture practices.
Organic Chia Seeds are an essential superfood addition to your modern, fast paced diet. Our premium Chia has a very milk, nutty flavor that tastes great sprinkles on salads and cereal, or mixed into beans, legumes, yogurts, and especially smoothies.
Best if refrigerated after opening.
100% premium organic black chia seed.
Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid ALA) 3 g
Omega 6 (linoleic-acid LA) 1 g
|Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (12 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 28|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g||6%*|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%*|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g||20%*|
|Soluble Fiber||0.5 g|
|Insoluble Fiber||4.5 g|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
iHerb Customer Reviews
These are so much cheaper on here on iherb than in the health food stores in Singapore for the same brand. A lot people outside North America would agree, iherb is a real value in terms of savings. Im new to the chia seed hype and honestly I can tolerate them (I don't sense they have any taste) but I find the sensation of the seeds getting stuck like glue on the gum line an irritant. Don't go out without checking your smile in the mirror.
Great for desserts for low-carbers
Posted by 4999934268950536368 on Jan 23, 2015
Great to support low-carbers. I like to make a pudding with almond milk, almond essence and sweetener, very simple and a good substitute to the chinese almond milk jelly(annin-tafu).
As good as any brand
Posted by Reviewer1438643 on Dec 01, 2014
I have tried different brands of chia seeds and I think they all taste the same. I have not found a difference between the various brands. Garden of Life is expensive for such a small pack but I guess it is because it is organic.
It isn't what it used to be
Posted by fayechan-singapore on Nov 11, 2014
The quality of this had dropped significantly. It used to be that they had quite a pure mix of Chia seeds but now the number of other seeds (small black round ones) have increased so much that I find myself having trouble chewing on those. These black seeds sink into the bottom of my smoothie bottle a lot more too. I'll have to go source for another brand.
lots of black seeds that dont look like chia
Posted by 4911931762935451545 on Oct 15, 2014
Not sure if those are the younger versions of Chia seed but I seed a lot of tiny black thing that are hard to chew unlike the normal chia seed and smaller in size. bought Chia Co from supermarts and I did not see those tiny black stuff.