Great Eastern Sun, Emerald Cove, Pacific Arame, 1.76 oz (50 g)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- Resealable Bag
- Premium Quality Dried Seaweed: Eisenia Bicyclis
- Silver Grade
- An Edible Ocean Plant
- Non GMO Project Verified
Although packaged arame is similar to hijiki in appearance, arame is a species of kelp, and more closely related to wakame and kombu. Arame has a sweet, mild flavor and crisp texture.
Emerald Cove Pacific Arame is gathered off the Ise peninsula, the site of one of Japan's most famous shrines. It grows approximately 20 feet below the low tide level, and is harvested in late summer by women divers. After harvesting, arame is sun-dried, washed, and soaked in fresh water, then steamed and soaked in the still-hot cooking water for as long as twelve hours. The arame is then drained, pressed, cut into slivers, and sun-dried a final time before being packaged.
Arame is a fat-free food
Arame is a good source of calcium
Recipe: Arame -Soba Noodles
1 cup lightly packed Emerald Cove Arame
1-8 oz pkg Organic Planet Organic Soba noodles
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 clove minced garlic (optional)
1 cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks
3 Tbsp corn kernels
½ cup spring water
- Rinse arame in cool water and drain. Place in a bowl, cover with water, and soak while noodles cook.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse with warm water, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the sliced carrots and sauté for 1-2 more minutes. Drain arame & add, cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, add water & corn, & cook for 7-8 minutes or until arame is soft and the water is absorbed. Place arame-vegetable mixture over the noodles in a serving bowl, top with dressing & serve.
4 Tbsp soy sauce, 4 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, 2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar.
|Serving Size: ¾ cup (10 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 5|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g||0%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less Than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less Than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less Than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less Than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Potassium||3,500 mg||3,500 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|