Guayaki, Yerba Mate, Loose Leaf, San Mateo Blend, 16 oz (454 g)
Buy 4+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
This product is already in your Notification List.
Cancel notification request.
This product is now in your Notification List.
- Organic Loose Yerba Mate
- Come to Life
- Unsmoked Secondary Drying Process
- Fair for Life Certified by IMO
- Dietary Supplement
- Naturally Caffeinated
- USDA Organic
- Non GMO Project Verified
- KSA Kosher
- Certified B Corporation
- Naturally Gluten-Free
- Certified Organic by CCOF
- Certified Fair Trade by IMO
- Mighty-Glowing- Lifted-Bright- Light
- C02 Carbon Labels
Reduce your carbon footprint by drinking 1lb. of Guayaki Yerba Mate
- Growing -875 g carbon reduced
- Processing +220g carbon added
- Packaging +11g carbon added
- Transport +71g carbon added
- Guayaki Yerba Mate-573g carbon reduced
Source: Conscious Brands LCA study on Guayaki Yerba Mate 2008
Guayaki (gyy-uh-kee) Yerba Mate (yer-bah-mah-tay) is made from the naturally caffeinated and nourishing leaves of the celebrated South American rainforest holly tree llex paraguariensis.
For centuries, South America's Ache Guayaki tribe have sipped yerba mate daily for its powerful rejuvenative effects.
Yerba mate is native to the Atlantic Rainforest of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. To capture the whole plant energy of the yerba mate tree, Guayaki blends whole leaf, tender stems and leaf powder for a potent infusion with enduring flavor.
This air-dried yerba mate is sustainably sourced from the rainforest in the San Mateo region of Southern Brazil. The unsmoked secondary drying process yields a bright, lively and herbacious body with fresh grassy notes, and a delicate, crisp finish.
- Supports focus & clarity
- Boost physical energy
- Traditionally used to support weight loss program that include a balanced diet and exercise
- Contains antioxidants
- Aids elimination
Coffee Maker/ Espresso Maker: Place -1.5 tsp yerba mate per serving in the filter basket or portafilter, and brew normally. Adjust to desired strength.
French Press/Tea Pot/Strainer: Add ~ 1.5 tsp yerba, mate per serving to press/pot, and add boiling water. Steep for 3 -10 minutes.
Mate latte: Add your favorite milk and sweetener to a cup of brewed yerba mate. Delicious hot or iced.
Terere (Cold Mate): Brew a cup of hot mate, then add ice.
Tips: Splash cool water on the mate before adding hot water. Store your mate in a dry, air tight container or in this package, away from direct heat and light.
|Serving Size: 1.5 tsp (3g)|
|Serving Per Container: about 151|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%**|
|Organic Yerba Mate (leaf and stem)
(Contains ~ 40 mg Caffeine)
|** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.