Eclectic Institute, Hawthorn Berry POW-der, 2.11 oz (60 g)4 Reviews
Expiration Date: Nov 2015
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
Shipping Weight: 0.84 lbs (0.38 kg)
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: ECL-37611
- UPC Code: 023363376117
- Package Quantity: 2.11 oz (60 g)
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 4.4 in, 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg)
- Volume Discount
Combo Discount: -$2.95
- "Let Food Be Your Medicine and Medicine Be Your Food" - Hippocrates
- Fresh Freeze-Dried
- Plant Originated Wellness
- A Dietary Supplement
100% Fresh Freeze-Dried
- Hawthorn is a wild fruit with a crunchy texture. When used as a food on a regular basis it has a multitude of preventative health benefits.
- Traditional cardiovascular tonic.
- Source of procyanidin (OPC) and flavonoid antioxidants.
- We custom freeze-dry, laboratory test and package in our own GMP facility.
- Freeze-drying is the best method for preserving the complex chemistry, active enzymes and entire matrix of the plant in it's fresh form.
- No heat, solvents or other harsh processing.
- Quick and easy to prepare. Mix, drink, rinse.
- We start and end with whole food.
For best results measure the liquid first, approximately 3 or more ounces of water or juice into a closeable container. Then as a tonic add 1 or more teaspoonfuls of powder to the liquid and shake well.
Absolutely nothing added.
This product is best stored tightly capped in the refrigerator after opening.
Discontinue use if unusual symptoms occur. Consult your health care advisor regarding the use of this product during pregnancy, with infants, or with prescription drugs.
|Serving Size: 1 tsp (2.0 g)|
|Servings per Container: 30|
Locally wildcrafted (freeze-dried) Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) berry. Harvested by hand to ensure peak activity and flavor.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I have bought it with special price to add to my green smoothies (not for turning them to red haha:)) but for heath, especially - heart purposes. I and my man both have a little bit weak hearts. It is hard to measure whether this buy is helpful indeed, because we are using various healthy foods, supplements, but I do hope so. It would be more cheap to buy alcohol tincture, but to me it is unwise. I don't like alcohol tinctures.
It will dissolve much better if you let it set for a few minutes. Good for heart.