Hearos, Ear Plugs, Rock 'n Roll Series, 1 Pair (Discontinued Item)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- 22 NRR
- Trusted Since 1992
- Free Case
- Reusable & Washable
Tested according to ANSI Specs S3. 19-1974
The level of noise entering a person's ear, when hearing protector is worn as directed is closely approximated by the difference between the A-weighted environmental noise level and the NRR.
|Attenuation Chart (ANSI S3.19-1974)|
|Mean Attenuation (dB)||27.5||28.5||28.6||28.8||32.5||38.8||38.4||42.3||43.8|
|Standard Deviation (dB)||4.9||4.3||4.2||3.5||3.5||4.3||5.0||4.8||4.4|
- The environmental noise level as measured at the ear is 92 decibels dB (A).
- The NRR is 22 decibels (dB)
- The level of the noise entering the ear is approximately 70 dB (A).
|Noise Reduction Rating 22 Decibels (When Used As Directed)|
|The Range of noise reduction ratings for existing hearing protectors is approximately 0 to 30 (Higher Numbers Denote Greater Effectiveness)|
Using one hand, reach over head and gently lift ear up as shown to expand ear canal. With other hand, insert the rounded end of ear plug. Press on inserter using a forward "up and down" motion. Use only clean and fresh ear plug.
Cleaning: Wash with mild soap and water. Dry thoroughly before re-inserting into ear.
Important: Store ear plugs in case to keep clean.
Note: If ear plugs become cut, cracked or unpliable replace with a new ear plug. Inserter is not designed to be removed.
- Keep away from infants. This product is non-toxic but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe.
- For noise environment dominated by frequencies below 500 Hz, the C-weighted environmental noise level should be used. Improper fit of this device will reduce its effectiveness in attenuating noise. Consult the above instructions for proper fit. Although hearing protectors can be recommended for protection against harmful effects of impulsive noise, the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is based on the attenuation of continuous noise and may not be accurate indicator of the protection attainable against impulsive noise such as gunfire. The Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) calculated from the attenuation data is 22dB. Hearos ear plugs must be properly fitted to attenuate noise effectively. Refer to instructions.
The plugs are comfortable, but they do not stay in my ears very well. I just wear them to bed, so if I lay on my side, the one ear is fine. I couldnt imagine how these would work if I was wearing them while actually moving around. Probably not very well.