- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Trusted Since 1992
Tested according to ANSI Specs S3.19-1974
The level of noise entering a person's ear, when hearing protector is worn as directed, is closely approximated by the difference between the A-weighted environmental noise level and the NRR.
|Attenuation Chart (ANSI S3. 19-1974)|
|Mean Attenuation (dB)||38.4||40.3||43.2||41.8||38.6||45.0||45.7||49.6||47.3|
|Standard Deviation (dB)||2.9||3.5||4.0||3.8||2.6||2.8||3.5||3.8||4.3|
- The environmental noise level as measured at the ear is 92 decibels dB(A).
- The NRR is 32 decibels (dB).
- The level of the noise entering the ear is approximately 60 dB(A).
Noise Reduction Rating 32 Decibels (When Used As Directed).
The range of noise reduction ratings for existing hearing protectors is approximately 0 to 30 (Higher numbers denote greater effectiveness).
Ear plugs must be inserted properly for optimum performance.
- With clean hands, firmly roll entire ear plug between thumb and fingers to form a thin tight cylinder.
- Using one hand, gently lift top of ear up to open ear canal. With other hand, insert rounded end of ear plug.
- With forefinger, hold ear plug in place until it expands to form a comfortable, snug fit.
Practice of insertion is recommended. Discard product after several uses or as soon as dirt or wax accumulates on ear plugs.
Caution: Keep away from infants. This product is non-toxic but may interfere with breathing if caught in windpipe.
Caution: For noise environments dominated by frequencies below 500 Hz, the C-weighted environmental noise level should be used. Improper fit of this device will reduce its effectiveness in attenuating noise. Consult the above instructions for proper fit. Although hearing protectors can be recommended for protection against the harmful effects of impulsive noise, the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is based on the attenuation of continuous noise and may not be an accurate indicator of the protection attainable against impulsive noise such as gunfire. The Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) calculated from the attention data is 32dB. Ear plugs must be properly fitted to attenuate noise effectively. Refer to instructions.
These ea plugs are the best of any plugs I used for the last 15 years. I don't hear snorring husband, morning namaz from neighboring mosque, street traffic, jet motors noise at an airplane - the only problem is to hear morning alarm clock)))) It is delicate and soft, reasonable size. Definetly I will repeat this purchase.
I live in central London, UK, and can honestly say that Hearos Ultimate Softness are the best earplugs on the world market for my purposes. I don't have a serious noise problem but for the occasional parties in the apartment above me, Hearos are the answer - blissful silence every time! They are comfortable and noise resistant.
I used to love these, but now they're just ok.
Posted by Reviewer3266879 on Apr 19, 2016
Originally these were great, but a few months ago they reformulated their product and now they don't compact as well nor spring back to stay plugged in as well. It's a shame- now I have to try and find better earplugs.
Posted by Jon-in-Korea on Dec 31, 2015
I really like these earplugs. Much easier on the ears then other plugs. Less plastic, rubber feeling then others. Only downside is the free holder pops open too easily.
Posted by 4637807275727094311 on Nov 04, 2015
excelent quality, really keep the noise"out", use 3 pairs so far, i will buy again when i go through all of them.
In 2011, it was excellent quality, but not now...
Posted by 4681017341088472954 on Oct 17, 2015
VERY bad stuff, earplugs just crumble. The ear opening includes only a little, because the material is too soft. No protection from noise.