Heather's Tummy Care, Organic Acacia Senegal Tummy Fiber, 16 oz (453 g)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- A Medical Food for the Dietary Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Prebiotic Soluble Fiber
- Through Dietary Management, Acacia Senegal Helps Relieve IBS Symptoms, Including Diarrhea, Constipation, and Abdominal Pain
- Refillable Canisters Available
- Grown in Africa
- 100% Organic Soluble Fiber
- Certified Organic by QAI
Heather's Tummy Fiber Organic Acacia Senegal
- A medical food for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Acacia Senegal is a soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect. Studies have shown that soluble fiber, as part of the diet, regulates bowel motility (alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS. Acacia Senegal's prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora, which in turn reduces bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from the digestive dysfunction of IBS.
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a good gastrointestinal tolerance and a proven significantly bifidogenic effect. Heather's Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management of IBS. It is 100% Acacia Senegal, and contains no low grade Acacia seyal.
It also has no IBS triggers:
- No insoluble fibers
- No citric acid
- No gluten
- No artificial colors or flavors
- No artificial sweeteners
- No GI stimulants or irritants
Daily dosages for adults 12 years & older:
On average, 4 to 18 grams (2 teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. Start at a low dose and increase gradually. Maximum daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons). If you stabilize at a lower dose, stay there. Under 12 years old consult your physician. Use daily for best results.
Begin with a low dose (try 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily). Add Tummy Fiber to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you add liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve. Or, stir Tummy Fiber into any moist food.
Gradually increase your daily dose (try adding an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 4-5 days) and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize. Diarrhea and spasms should resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, particularly if chronic and severe, may take several weeks, and might require a gradual increase to the maximum dose of 5 tablespoons per day.
Cooking: Add up to 1 tablespoon per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add up to 1 tablespoon per cup of flour, whisk.
Organic acacia (100% acacia senegal).
For use under a physician's supervision.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing.
Use within 12 months of opening.
Store in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2.5 g (about one level teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
I've had IBS my whole life. I lived with it... not understanding as a child. By my 20's the attacks could no longer by excused. For the next 20yrs I let the doctors manage my symptoms...they offered some help, but mostly failed to find a solution. Frustrated, and finding the quality of my life diminishing as my aging compounded the problem, I began to read everything I could... looking for my own answers. I discovered that IBS requires numerous management tricks, depending on your individual situation. A good place to begin is with Heather's products, especially the Acacia "soluble" fiber. (Note: I prefer sprinkling in on my food, there is no taste and it mixes in just fine. For me, drinking it in water or juice can cause distress later in the day.) There is a lot of good information on Heather's website. Do yourself a favor, take her experience and adapt it to your IBS. Change the quality of your life!
I have had alot of issues with IBS. At first I wasn't sure if I was just buying another product that I would try and find out it didn't really help very much. (I have a number of half-used products sitting on my shelf, hey I'll try anything to fix my bloating, gas and stomach discomfort). Eating is a challenge, but with tummy fiber, I don't have to be so cautious with food. You just follow the directions, start with a small amount, half a teaspoon before meals, and gradually increase the amount. I guess the theory behind it is that consuming soluble fiber, such as Acacia Senegal, helps to regulate the bowel motility, (helps with diarrhea and constipation) and helps build a healthy gut flora, which would also help with bloating and gas. This and Heather's peppermint caps are extremely helpful for managing IBS.
BEST fiber supplement EVER!
Posted by Reviewer3357040 on Jun 02, 2016
I've had IBS for over 14 years now, and tried MANY fiber supplements to help control my IBS. This is BY FAR the best--- if you follow the directions and start slowly, NO GAS, NO CRAMPING like other "over the counter" products. Natural and additive free, I will use as long as they make it. iHerb has good prices & shipping. HIGHLY recommend.
Great Product - Much better alternative to Psyllium
Posted by 5579789213982681664 on May 21, 2016
Started using because of candida overgrowth. It is a great alternative to Psyllium because it is a fiber which is also a prebiotic. Anyone who is looking to get heal their leaky gut or have IBS, diarrhea, constipation, gas etc. and wants to become regular definitely will find this helpful. Cons is that it is hard to dissolve in water so take time to dissolve in the water but overall it is really awesome.
So so only
Posted by 5008061872338711760 on Apr 11, 2016
Not as good for me.
Posted by 4833056302858144192 on Apr 07, 2016
good way to control condition of your stool. my main problem is constipation, so i take this 5 full tea spoons a day dissolved in a cup of water. After that, I drink more than a liter of water for about 5 hours. The result is good.