Heather's Tummy Care, Organic Acacia Senegal Tummy Fiber, 16 oz (453 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- Improved Bowel Stability
- Certified Organic by QAI
- Additive Free
- Gluten Free
- No Oxalates
A medical food for the dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome through dietary management, acacia senegal helps relieve IBS symptoms, including diarrhea, constipation, and abdominal pain.
Heather's Tummy Fiber
- A medical food for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms. Acacia senegal is a natural (not synthetic) whole food soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect.
- Studies have shown that soluble fiber, as part of the diet, helps regulate bowel motility (alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS
- Acacia senegal's prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora for ideal bowel stability, which can reduce bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from IBS
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a good gastrointestinal tolerance and a proven significantly bifidogenic effect. Heather's Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management of IBS and improved bowel stability
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is 100% Acacia senegal, never low grade Acacia seyal
- Start with a low dose twice daily
- Increase gradually
- Keep increasing until symptoms stabilize
Start with 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily. Add to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you gradually add room temperature liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve.
Does not dissolve well in boiling hot or ice cold liquids, but once fiber is liquified you can boil or chill beverage. Or, stir into any moist food.
Gradually increase your dose. Add an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 3-5 days and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize.
Diarrhea can resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, if chronic and severe, may take several weeks and require a gradual increase to the higher dose range of 4-5 tablespoons per day.
Daily Dosages Adults 12 Years & Older:
On average, symptoms stabilize at a final dose range of 4 to 18 grams (2 Teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. You may need more or less. Max daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons).
Cooking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of flour, whisk.
Sprinkle on moist foods - OR - Add to cup, stir on liquids.
Organic acacia powder (100% acacia senegal)
Heather's Tummy Fiber has no psyllium, inulin, FODMAPS, or IBS trigger such as:
- GI stimulants or irritants
- Insoluble fiber
- Citric acid
- Artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners
For use under a physician's supervision.
Caution: Keep out of the reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing. Under 12 years old consult your physician.
Use within 12 months of opening. Store airtight in a cool, dry place.
Organic product. Color variations may vary.
|Serving Size: 2.5 g (about one level teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.|
|* Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
IBS Suffers - Try Heather's products!
IBS Suffers - Try Heather's products!
I've had IBS my whole life. I lived with it... not understanding as a child. By my 20's the attacks could no longer by excused. For the next 20yrs I let the doctors manage my symptoms...they offered some help, but mostly failed to find a solution. Frustrated, and finding the quality of my life diminishing as my aging compounded the problem, I began to read everything I could... looking for my own answers. I discovered that IBS requires numerous management tricks, depending on your individual situation. A good place to begin is with Heather's products, especially the Acacia "soluble" fiber. (Note: I prefer sprinkling in on my food, there is no taste and it mixes in just fine. For me, drinking it in water or juice can cause distress later in the day.) There is a lot of good information on Heather's website. Do yourself a favor, take her experience and adapt it to your IBS. Change the quality of your life!
I used it for about 3 weeks I was taking 2 teaspoons everyday in the AM. It keep me regular which I liked. Once I reached my peak of being regular I developed major cramping. It was so bad I could hardy sit in a chair the pain was so intense. I lasted a week in pain and finally quit using the product and my pain subsided. I'm probably one of the rare people that can't use it.
Posted by 5228503843877452506 on Jan 13, 2017
I can't see that it works. I'm up to 3 tbl and does not control bloating from lbs- constipation
I recommend this product.
Posted by 5349690141225302012 on Jan 12, 2017
Acai Tummy Fiber worked really well for me for constipation but I had to play around with the dose and add a bit of psyllium for best results. Since one uses quite a bit of it, it's rather expensive compared to most fibers. That's the only downside.
Posted by 5398858832697905424 on Jan 04, 2017
This really seems to work, with no side effects. I just wish it would dissolve more easily. It doesn't have much taste, so all you need to do is get over minding some lumpiness.
Posted by 4914023315106296282 on Dec 08, 2016
it improves my condition a lot