Heather's Tummy Care, Organic Acacia Senegal Tummy Fiber, 16 oz (453 g)306 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.24 lbs (0.56 kg)
- Product Code: HTC-00000
- UPC Code: 180616000004
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (453 g)
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 6.6 x 1.5 in, 1.05 lbs (0.48 kg)
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Combo Discount: -$2.00
- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- A Medical Food for the Dietary Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Prebiotic Soluble Fiber
- Through Dietary Management, Acacia Senegal Helps Relieve IBS Symptoms, Including Diarrhea, Constipation, and Abdominal Pain
- Refillable Canisters Available
- Grown in Africa
- 100% Organic Soluble Fiber
- Certified Organic by QAI
Heather's Tummy Fiber Organic Acacia Senegal
- A medical food for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Acacia Senegal is a soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect. Studies have shown that soluble fiber, as part of the diet, regulates bowel motility (alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS. Acacia Senegal's prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora, which in turn reduces bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from the digestive dysfunction of IBS.
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a good gastrointestinal tolerance and a proven significantly bifidogenic effect. Heather's Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management of IBS. It is 100% Acacia Senegal, and contains no low grade Acacia seyal.
It also has no IBS triggers:
- No insoluble fibers
- No citric acid
- No gluten
- No artificial colors or flavors
- No artificial sweeteners
- No GI stimulants or irritants
Daily dosages for adults 12 years & older:
On average, 4 to 18 grams (2 teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. Start at a low dose and increase gradually. Maximum daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons). If you stabilize at a lower dose, stay there. Under 12 years old consult your physician. Use daily for best results.
Begin with a low dose (try 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily). Add Tummy Fiber to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you add liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve. Or, stir Tummy Fiber into any moist food.
Gradually increase your daily dose (try adding an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 4-5 days) and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize. Diarrhea and spasms should resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, particularly if chronic and severe, may take several weeks, and might require a gradual increase to the maximum dose of 5 tablespoons per day.
Cooking: Add up to 1 tablespoon per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add up to 1 tablespoon per cup of flour, whisk.
Organic acacia (100% acacia senegal).
For use under a physician's supervision.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing.
Use within 12 months of opening.
Store in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2.5 g (about one level teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I've had IBS my whole life. I lived with it... not understanding as a child. By my 20's the attacks could no longer by excused. For the next 20yrs I let the doctors manage my symptoms...they offered some help, but mostly failed to find a solution. Frustrated, and finding the quality of my life diminishing as my aging compounded the problem, I began to read everything I could... looking for my own answers. I discovered that IBS requires numerous management tricks, depending on your individual situation. A good place to begin is with Heather's products, especially the Acacia "soluble" fiber. (Note: I prefer sprinkling in on my food, there is no taste and it mixes in just fine. For me, drinking it in water or juice can cause distress later in the day.) There is a lot of good information on Heather's website. Do yourself a favor, take her experience and adapt it to your IBS. Change the quality of your life!
This is the BEST for any tummy trouble. It has no taste, grit, and does not thicken in liquids like most fiber. It is 100% soluble, so no excess gas. I suffered from IBS and ulcerative colitis for 2 yrs. When I found this fiber and adjusted my diet, within 2 weeks I had none of my former symptoms.