Heather's Tummy Care, Organic Acacia Senegal Tummy Fiber, 16 oz (453 g)
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $5.00|
- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- Improved Bowel Stability
- Certified Organic by QAI
- Additive Free
- Gluten Free
- No Oxalates
A medical food for the dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome through dietary management, acacia senegal helps relieve IBS symptoms, including diarrhea, constipation, and abdominal pain.
Heather's Tummy Fiber
- A medical food for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms. Acacia senegal is a natural (not synthetic) whole food soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect.
- Studies have shown that soluble fiber, as part of the diet, helps regulate bowel motility (alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS
- Acacia senegal's prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora for ideal bowel stability, which can reduce bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from IBS
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a good gastrointestinal tolerance and a proven significantly bifidogenic effect. Heather's Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management of IBS and improved bowel stability
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is 100% Acacia senegal, never low grade Acacia seyal
- Start with a low dose twice daily
- Increase gradually
- Keep increasing until symptoms stabilize
Start with 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily. Add to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you gradually add room temperature liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve.
Does not dissolve well in boiling hot or ice cold liquids, but once fiber is liquified you can boil or chill beverage. Or, stir into any moist food.
Gradually increase your dose. Add an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 3-5 days and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize.
Diarrhea can resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, if chronic and severe, may take several weeks and require a gradual increase to the higher dose range of 4-5 tablespoons per day.
Daily Dosages Adults 12 Years & Older:
On average, symptoms stabilize at a final dose range of 4 to 18 grams (2 Teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. You may need more or less. Max daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons).
Cooking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of flour, whisk.
Sprinkle on moist foods - OR - Add to cup, stir on liquids.
Organic acacia powder (100% acacia senegal)
Heather's Tummy Fiber has no psyllium, inulin, FODMAPS, or IBS trigger such as:
- GI stimulants or irritants
- Insoluble fiber
- Citric acid
- Artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners
For use under a physician's supervision.
Caution: Keep out of the reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing. Under 12 years old consult your physician.
Use within 12 months of opening. Store airtight in a cool, dry place.
Organic product. Color variations may vary.
|Serving Size: 2.5 g (about one level teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.|
|* Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
I've had IBS my whole life. I lived with it... not understanding as a child. By my 20's the attacks could no longer by excused. For the next 20yrs I let the doctors manage my symptoms...they offered some help, but mostly failed to find a solution. Frustrated, and finding the quality of my life diminishing as my aging compounded the problem, I began to read everything I could... looking for my own answers. I discovered that IBS requires numerous management tricks, depending on your individual situation. A good place to begin is with Heather's products, especially the Acacia "soluble" fiber. (Note: I prefer sprinkling in on my food, there is no taste and it mixes in just fine. For me, drinking it in water or juice can cause distress later in the day.) There is a lot of good information on Heather's website. Do yourself a favor, take her experience and adapt it to your IBS. Change the quality of your life!
This is the BEST for any tummy trouble. It has no taste, grit, and does not thicken in liquids like most fiber. It is 100% soluble, so no excess gas. I suffered from IBS and ulcerative colitis for 2 yrs. When I found this fiber and adjusted my diet, within 2 weeks I had none of my former symptoms.
Posted by 5543922078654058093 on Sep 28, 2016
the acacia Fiber are far more better than physilium husk. It is more gentle on my tummy, doesn't give me cramps. The taste is neutral and it mixes very well with water.
Posted by 5610368941865173409 on Aug 28, 2016
I used before psyllium and now these fibers. I do not see differences between the previous and the current fiber, but feel good. I therefore conclude that even these fibers are o.k.
Posted by 5696753077411371470 on Aug 25, 2016
I love the fact that its organic and free of additives. I add it ti cereals, coffee and more. Tasteless but gives your stomach lots of benefits
Effective, but causes gas
Posted by Reviewer2219064 on Aug 18, 2016
I work full time, and am around people most of the time, so while this works well, the effects are unfortunately unacceptable.