- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- USDA Organic
- 100% Soluble Fiber
- Improved Bowel Stability
- Certified Organic by QAI
- Additive Free
- Gluten Free
- No Oxalates
A medical food for the dietary management of irritable bowel syndrome through dietary management, acacia senegal helps relieve IBS symptoms, including diarrhea, constipation, and abdominal pain.
Heather's Tummy Fiber
- A medical food for the dietary management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms. Acacia senegal is a natural (not synthetic) whole food soluble fiber with a clinically proven prebiotic effect.
- Studies have shown that soluble fiber, as part of the diet, helps regulate bowel motility (alleviating both diarrhea and constipation), and relieves abdominal pain from IBS
- Acacia senegal's prebiotic effect stimulates the growth of healthy gut flora for ideal bowel stability, which can reduce bloating, gas, and bowel irregularities from IBS
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is unique, because it has a good gastrointestinal tolerance and a proven significantly bifidogenic effect. Heather's Tummy Fiber is formulated specifically for the dietary management of IBS and improved bowel stability
- Heather's Tummy Fiber is 100% Acacia senegal, never low grade Acacia seyal
- Start with a low dose twice daily
- Increase gradually
- Keep increasing until symptoms stabilize
Start with 1/2 level teaspoon, twice daily. Add to an empty cup, then stir with a fork as you gradually add room temperature liquid. Let rest for a minute, then stir again to completely dissolve.
Does not dissolve well in boiling hot or ice cold liquids, but once fiber is liquified you can boil or chill beverage. Or, stir into any moist food.
Gradually increase your dose. Add an extra 1/2 teaspoon every 3-5 days and keep increasing until symptoms stabilize.
Diarrhea can resolve fairly quickly as you gradually increase your dose. Constipation, if chronic and severe, may take several weeks and require a gradual increase to the higher dose range of 4-5 tablespoons per day.
Daily Dosages Adults 12 Years & Older:
On average, symptoms stabilize at a final dose range of 4 to 18 grams (2 Teaspoons to 3 tablespoons) per day total, divided into two separate doses. You may need more or less. Max daily dose is 30 grams (5 tablespoons).
Cooking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of liquid, whisk.
Baking: Add 1 tbsp per cup of flour, whisk.
Sprinkle on moist foods - OR - Add to cup, stir on liquids.
Organic acacia powder (100% acacia senegal)
Heather's Tummy Fiber has no psyllium, inulin, FODMAPS, or IBS trigger such as:
- GI stimulants or irritants
- Insoluble fiber
- Citric acid
- Artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners
For use under a physician's supervision.
Caution: Keep out of the reach of children. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing. Under 12 years old consult your physician.
Use within 12 months of opening. Store airtight in a cool, dry place.
Organic product. Color variations may vary.
|Serving Size: 2.5 g (about one level teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.|
|* Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
I've had IBS my whole life. I lived with it... not understanding as a child. By my 20's the attacks could no longer by excused. For the next 20yrs I let the doctors manage my symptoms...they offered some help, but mostly failed to find a solution. Frustrated, and finding the quality of my life diminishing as my aging compounded the problem, I began to read everything I could... looking for my own answers. I discovered that IBS requires numerous management tricks, depending on your individual situation. A good place to begin is with Heather's products, especially the Acacia "soluble" fiber. (Note: I prefer sprinkling in on my food, there is no taste and it mixes in just fine. For me, drinking it in water or juice can cause distress later in the day.) There is a lot of good information on Heather's website. Do yourself a favor, take her experience and adapt it to your IBS. Change the quality of your life!
I've had IBS for over 14 years now, and tried MANY fiber supplements to help control my IBS. This is BY FAR the best--- if you follow the directions and start slowly, NO GAS, NO CRAMPING like other "over the counter" products. Natural and additive free, I will use as long as they make it. iHerb has good prices & shipping. HIGHLY recommend.
Still using it
Posted by 4843708942456877420 on Dec 03, 2016
Being used and will give feedback later
Posted by 5189854955769584063 on Dec 01, 2016
AFTER YEARS OF SUFFERING WITH IBS, this product has allowed me to live a life free from pain and constant diarrhea. I take it twice a day. Started slow and within a few weeks was taking about 15 grams per dose. Easy to use and tasteless, I use it in my morning coffee and evening tea. Wonderful product and have been using this for almost 2 years now. Highly recommend it.
This product makes a difference
Posted by 5091082030004444295 on Dec 01, 2016
This product is one of the few things that make a difference. If you follow the diet recommendations on Heather's website, plus use the tummy fiber, you feel much better quickly and do "normal" life activities.
Great for Me
Posted by 5354096359028021359 on Dec 01, 2016
I have had IBS for years and this product really helps stabilize the condition! It is easy to take in a drink or mixed with food. It is all natural and not a laxative or anti diarrhea product. In addition, iherb has it at the least expensive price I have found.
Posted by 5203529287566275040 on Dec 01, 2016
I suffer with alternating ibs,days I couldn't leave the house, had tried everything, came upon this product online said I would try it why not I had nothing to lose, it's amazing I take 1 teaspoon in the morning and one in the evening, I now have a stable bowel and I'm getting my life back,Anyone that suffers with ibs should give it a go, Amazing,