Imperial Elixir, Ginseng Root, Korean White, Heaven 25, 1/2 oz
You purchased this item onView this order
Buy 4+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Dosage strength depends on root quality
- Ginseng Tea: Add 1/4 teaspoon of broken ginseng root to 3 cups of water in enamel vessel. Cover and boil slowly for three hours.
- Cooking: Add several slices of ginseng root to stews and soups
- Chewing: Break ginseng root into pieces and chew. Use one or two per day depending on size.
- Ginseng Tonic: Break ginseng root into small pieces and add to bottle of wine or other liquor. Let steep two weeks, shaking well occasionally.
Korean white ginseng, Heaven 25
For those who haven't tried white ginseng, you should really give it a shot. I've always found it to be more mentally active than the red (which tends to be more physical). In Chinese writings, the white ginseng is attributed with more spiritual power. Like many tonics, the effects are somewhat cumulative, but these whole root products give far more "immediate" effects than capsules or extracts. The roots come extremely dry, and are quite hard... so be prepared to grate or grind them. I've used nutmeg graters, old-fashioned metal coffee grinders, mills, and even a good pair of pliers. You can just gnaw on the roots directly, but watch your teeth and be patient if you decide to go that route. All in all, a much better deal than capsules or tablets. You can probably do better if you have a Chinatown in your city or know of a good herb market, but this product is pretty good.