Jarrow Formulas, Artichoke 500, 500 mg, 180 Capsules
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Standardized Extract
- Supports Liver and Cholesterol Metabolism
- Dietary Supplement
Artichoke 500 Extract is standardized to contain 5% total caffeoylquinic acids. Clinical research has documented the following beneficial properties of artichoke extract:
- Liver Function — Protects glutathione levels. Stimulates liver activity by promoting circulation within the liver.
- Cardiovascular Function — Inhibits oxidation of LDL cholesterol and increases healthful levels of HDL (protective) cholesterol.
- Digestion — Stimulates synthesis of bile, a product of the liver that supports detoxification and the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients.
Take 1 capsule per day with food or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
Cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and silicon dioxide. Capsule consists of gelatin.
No wheat, no gluten, no soybeans, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.
Note: If you have a medical condition (especially gall bladder or bile duct blockages), are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
Keep out of the reach of children.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Servings per Container: 180|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Artichoke Extract (Cynara scolymus) (leaf) (5% total caffeoylquinic acids)||500 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|
I read several articles where folks have been successful in lowering their cholesterol by using artichoke capsules. My cholesterol was elevated to the point my doctor prescribed medication. I was reluctant to take the medication because of the various side effects that have been proven to exist. I decided to give artichoke a try and I found within six weeks my LDL cholesterol had lowered by 35 points. I was pleased with the results and plan to have another follow-up evaluation in a few more weeks. Best summary, no apparent side effects and my bad cholesterol has been reduced.
My Doc said my LDL was 142 & for being only 38yo that wasn't good. I got on the stick, cutting out simple sugar eating foods high in soluble fiber, & started taking the Jarrow 500mg artichokes! My cholesterol is now below 100! These pills helped!
Posted by 5656554938179853198 on Jan 25, 2016
Great product and really quickly delivered! Helping me with high cholesterol so all good:)
Good for you.
Posted by Reviewer2956538 on Dec 12, 2013
I don't notice anything from this....but no problems either.
Posted by 5431196033003424079 on Nov 25, 2013
I am using this product in this moment and my digest it is better ;)
Posted by 4722228713103122948 on Aug 27, 2013
This is the 1rst. time I use it. No comments
First Try... And I Like it !
Posted by healthysupplements on Apr 23, 2013
I just started taking this product to help lower my bad LDL chlesterol of 177. I've also made some changes to my diet and am looking forward to my next blood test to see how well this works. So far, it's proving to be a good product in that I am very sensitive to supplements and I have not yet had any noticable side effects which is a relief. This is supposed to be one of the safest and most effective cholesterol lowering products (I did a a lot of research on it before I purchased it).