Jarrow Formulas, Cox 2 Tame, 90 Softgels (Discontinued Item)17 Reviews
1.18 lbs (0.54 kg)
- Product Code: JRW-29008
- UPC Code: 790011290087
- Package Quantity: 90 Softgels
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 2.5 x 4.6 in, 0.7 lbs (0.32 kg)
- Natural Cox-2 Inhibitors
- High EPA Omega-3
- Borage GLA
- Green Tea
- Devil's Claw
- White Willow
- Dietary Supplement
COX2Tame is a synergistic blend of herbal extracts and oleoresins (full spectrum herbal extracts) known to provide natural CycloOxygenase-2 (COX-2) enzyme inhibition. COX-2 inhibition is important for healthy joint function, normal cellular development (overexpression of COX-2 causes abnormal cell development) and healthy aging.
- COX2Tame contains Omega-3 fatty acids known to generate prostaglandins series 3 (PGE3) and inhibit COX-2.
- GLA from Borage seed oil extract, enhances synthesis of prostaglandins series E1 (PGE1).
- Devil's Claw contains COX-2 inhibitors iridoid glycosides, such as harpagosides, clinically proven to improve joint mobility and flexibility.
- White Willow Bark is a bitter herb rich in flavonoids and salicyclic acid derivatives (salicin and salicortin) responsible for inhibiting COX-2.
- Other COX2Tame Herbs/phytochemicals: Curcumin, Ginger, Quercetin, Resveratrol, Green Tea: sources of powerful phenolic antioxidants that disrupt the signaling processes that activate COX-2 gene expression.
Take 1 softgel up to 3 times per day with water or juice, with meals or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
Soybean oil, white beeswax, and lecithin (from soy). Softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin, water, caramel and carob (as a light barrier).
Contains: Fish and soy.
No wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.
Note: If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications, consult your health care practitioner before using this product.
Keep out of the reach of children.
|Serving Size: 3 Softgels|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Servings||% DV|
|Fish Oil (Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids) (providing 122 mg EPA and 7 mg DHA)||290 mg||*|
|Gamma-Linoleic Acid (GLA) (from borage oil) (seed)||50 mg||*|
|Resveratrol (Polygonum cuspidatum) (root) (derived from polygonum extract)||16 mg||*|
|Curcumin (Curcuma longa) (95% curcuminoids) (root)||300 mg||*|
|Ginger (Zingiber officinale)(rhizome) (15% gingerols and shogaols)||250 mg||*|
|Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (50% polyphenols) (leaf)||150 mg||*|
|Devil's Claw Extract (Harpagophytum procumbens) (5% iridoid glycosides)(root)||250 mg||*|
|White Willow Bark Extract (Salicis cortex)(15% salicin)||200 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
I've had a "bad" knee for more than 20 years and have not been able to fold it far enough to sit on my heals, but within a month or so after taking Cox2Tame, I could!
I've scoured the Internet for something to help my bum knee. I've tried all sorts of combo-pills that are supposed to help joints and none have come close to the effectiveness of the Jarrow formula. One important note: It seems some people apply the same expectations to this as Rx pain killers. Although Cox2Tame has pain diminishing properties, it is so much more: with regular use, it can actually help treat THE SOURCE of the pain. I should know -- I've been using this for months and my knee has finally improved.