Jarrow Formulas, Fermented Soy Essence, Net Wt. 14 oz (400 g) Powder (Discontinued Item)39 Reviews
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.5 lbs (0.68 kg)
- Product Code: JRW-21018
- UPC Code: 790011210184
- Package Quantity:
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 4.8 x 6.6 in, 1.1 lbs (0.5 kg)
- Volume Discount
- Rich in Calcium & Magnesium
- Superior Absorption
- With Digestive Enzymes and Isoflavones
- Fermented with Probiotic Bacteria (L. acidophilus · L. bulgaricus · L. casei · L. plantarum · S. thermophilus)
- Non GMO (Non Genetically Modified)
- Dietary Supplement
- Delicious & All Natural
- Nature's Best Soy Protein
Use Fermented Soy Essence as a dietary supplement to increase intake of protein, soy phytonutrients, calcium and magnesium.
Soy isoflavones, along with other naturally occurring soy phytonutrients, have been shown in scientific studies to have many health benefits, including maintaining healthy cells, promoting normal cardiovascular function, supporting bone health and assisting estrogen balance.
Jarrow Formulas Fermented Soy Essence utilizes organic soy milk that is fermented (predigested) using the best of the probiotic bacteria, including L. acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. casei, L. plantarum and S. thermophilus.
- The cell wall contents and metabolites of the beneficial bacteria used for fermentation promote optimal immune function and intestinal health.
- The fermentation of soy improves the digestibility of soy protein. Isoflavone bioavailability is enhanced, due to the ability to these beneficial bacteria to convert the isoflavones to more absorbable forms.
- Predigestion makes Fermented Soy Essence superior to ordinary soy protein.
- Calcium, added during fermentation, is converted to the soluble lactate form, thereby improving absorption of the calcium. Each serving of Fermented Soy Essence provides 400 mg soluble calcium, balanced with 200 mg magnesium, for increased benefit in preserving and maintaining bones. Additionally, replacing animal protein with soy protein has been shown to reduce bone calcium loss.
- Folic acid and Selenium support healthy cell replication.
- Bromelain and Papain, enzymes from pineapple and papaya, further assist protein digestion.
- Fermented Soy Essence is Non-GMO (Non-Genetically Modified Organisms).
- Soy Protein and Heart Disease: Consumption of 25 grams of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
One serving of Fermented Soy Essence provides 11 grams of soy protein.
Mix 2 rounded tablespoons (28.5 g) of powder with 6 to 8 oz. fruit juice, milk, or your favorite beverage, or you may:
- Blend powder with liquid, ice and fruits for smoothies.
- Mix into cold or cooked cereals.
- Add to soups, sauces, casseroles, meatballs, patties, baked items (bread, muffins, etc.) or frozen desserts.
Note: Cooking this product can inactivate the digestive enzymes present.
This product contains naturally occurring phytoestrogens. Do not take more than 2 servings per day. Do not give to children under 12 years old.
Organic soy milk yogurt (fermented with L. acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. casei, L. plantarum, S. thermophilus, apple pectin, L-selenomethionine, folic acid and L-methionine), magnesium citrate, bromelain, papain, natural vanilla flavor, Fibersol-2 (resistant maltodextrin), lecithin (Non-GMO), Lo Han Guo (momordica grosvenorii, natural fruit extract) and silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent).
100% natural. No wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts, no preservatives.
Suitable for vegetarian/vegans.
Does not contain artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors.
Do not use for weight reduction.
Use this product as a dietary supplement only.
This product is packaged by weight, not by volume.
Keep out of the reach of children.
|Serving Size: 2 Rounded Tbsp. (28.5 g)|
|Servings per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV*|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
|Folic Acid||75 mcg||18%|
|Calcium (as calcium lactate)||400 mg||40%|
|Magnesium (as citrate)||200 mg||50%|
|Selenium (from selenomethionine)||15 mcg||21%|
|Total Isoflavones (naturally occurring)||45 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I have had problems with oily skin and acne for a long time. I was surprised but happy to see that this product actually helps! Skin gets really smooth and acne is much better. And I can actually see the effect within hours. It does not taste very good, but I can live with it.
I have been supplementing protein with a high quality brand soy/whey protein for about three years, I noticed significant health improvements that could be solely attributed to increasing protein intake alone. But there was a price issue as each 450g bottle was about $50NZD and I went through at least one a month. Another issue that I learnt of only when I came across iHerb is the idea of fermented or pre digested soy. Soy Essence gives approximately the same % of protein per serving as my previous staple, but in honesty no one can really claim what the bio availability and ultimately assimilation of any protein is. I now prefer to take fermented soy, it provides full spectrum amino acids and I have not noticed any negative side effects since switching to fermented soy. This is not marketed as a protein supplement, but the intention is the same. I make sure to take this with another protein source (fermented goat, and whey) plus B complex and vitamin C to enhance protein absorption. The taste was not so palatable when I first tried it, but this was the same issue with the first ever protein I tried. This is mildly sweet and slightly gritty. I had been using Now Foods because I wanted to try the difference, this is far better as it does not contain fructose and has a lower fat content. PS - this has natural calcium/magnesium and selenium (plus digestive enzymes) so I get my hit of calcium without the need to reach for dairy products. It is great to see companies using fermentation and probiotics to create specific nutrient profiles.