Jarrow Formulas, Fermented Soy Essence, Net Wt. 14 oz (400 g) Powder (Discontinued Item)
- Rich in Calcium & Magnesium
- Superior Absorption
- With Digestive Enzymes and Isoflavones
- Fermented with Probiotic Bacteria (L. acidophilus · L. bulgaricus · L. casei · L. plantarum · S. thermophilus)
- Non GMO (Non Genetically Modified)
- Dietary Supplement
- Delicious & All Natural
- Nature's Best Soy Protein
Use Fermented Soy Essence as a dietary supplement to increase intake of protein, soy phytonutrients, calcium and magnesium.
Soy isoflavones, along with other naturally occurring soy phytonutrients, have been shown in scientific studies to have many health benefits, including maintaining healthy cells, promoting normal cardiovascular function, supporting bone health and assisting estrogen balance.
Jarrow Formulas Fermented Soy Essence utilizes organic soy milk that is fermented (predigested) using the best of the probiotic bacteria, including L. acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. casei, L. plantarum and S. thermophilus.
- The cell wall contents and metabolites of the beneficial bacteria used for fermentation promote optimal immune function and intestinal health.
- The fermentation of soy improves the digestibility of soy protein. Isoflavone bioavailability is enhanced, due to the ability to these beneficial bacteria to convert the isoflavones to more absorbable forms.
- Predigestion makes Fermented Soy Essence superior to ordinary soy protein.
- Calcium, added during fermentation, is converted to the soluble lactate form, thereby improving absorption of the calcium. Each serving of Fermented Soy Essence provides 400 mg soluble calcium, balanced with 200 mg magnesium, for increased benefit in preserving and maintaining bones. Additionally, replacing animal protein with soy protein has been shown to reduce bone calcium loss.
- Folic acid and Selenium support healthy cell replication.
- Bromelain and Papain, enzymes from pineapple and papaya, further assist protein digestion.
- Fermented Soy Essence is Non-GMO (Non-Genetically Modified Organisms).
- Soy Protein and Heart Disease: Consumption of 25 grams of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
One serving of Fermented Soy Essence provides 11 grams of soy protein.
Mix 2 rounded tablespoons (28.5 g) of powder with 6 to 8 oz. fruit juice, milk, or your favorite beverage, or you may:
- Blend powder with liquid, ice and fruits for smoothies.
- Mix into cold or cooked cereals.
- Add to soups, sauces, casseroles, meatballs, patties, baked items (bread, muffins, etc.) or frozen desserts.
Note: Cooking this product can inactivate the digestive enzymes present.
This product contains naturally occurring phytoestrogens. Do not take more than 2 servings per day. Do not give to children under 12 years old.
Organic soy milk yogurt (fermented with L. acidophilus, L. bulgaricus, L. casei, L. plantarum, S. thermophilus, apple pectin, L-selenomethionine, folic acid and L-methionine), magnesium citrate, bromelain, papain, natural vanilla flavor, Fibersol-2 (resistant maltodextrin), lecithin (Non-GMO), Lo Han Guo (momordica grosvenorii, natural fruit extract) and silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent).
100% natural. No wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts, no preservatives.
Suitable for vegetarian/vegans.
Does not contain artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors.
Do not use for weight reduction.
Use this product as a dietary supplement only.
This product is packaged by weight, not by volume.
Keep out of the reach of children.
|Serving Size: 2 Rounded Tbsp. (28.5 g)|
|Servings per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV*|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
|Folic Acid||75 mcg||18%|
|Calcium (as calcium lactate)||400 mg||40%|
|Magnesium (as citrate)||200 mg||50%|
|Selenium (from selenomethionine)||15 mcg||21%|
|Total Isoflavones (naturally occurring)||45 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Great for the skin
Great for the skin
I have had problems with oily skin and acne for a long time. I was surprised but happy to see that this product actually helps! Skin gets really smooth and acne is much better. And I can actually see the effect within hours. It does not taste very good, but I can live with it.
Not for me
Great for acne & other skin problems
Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Dec 21, 2013
I have had problems with oily skin and acne for a long time. I was surprised but happy to see that this product actually helps! Skin gets really smooth and acne is much better. And I can actually see the effect within hours. It does not taste very good, but I can live with it. . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).
Not for me
I am allergy to soya product so I threw it away after few try.
Posted by Reviewer2471737 on Jan 26, 2012
This is the most delicious soy protein powder I have ever tasted. Mixed into smoothies, it is a winner! Mmmm, enjoy!
Posted by Reviewer1570037 on Jan 01, 2012
this is ok, but not as easy to digest as tempheh