Jarrow Formulas, Iso-Rich Soy, Powder, 32 oz (908 g)
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
|Combo Discount:||- $1.92|
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- 25 g Protein Per Serving
- 29 mg Isoflavones Per Serving
- Genistin/Genistein · Glycitin/Glycitein · Daidzin/Daidzein
- With Isoflavones
- May be Beneficial for Cardiovascular Function, Menopausal Support and Bone Health
- No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners
- Dietary Supplement
- Non GMO - Non Genetically Modified
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.
Use Iso-Rich Soy as a dietary supplement to increase your intake of protein and isoflavones.
Soy isoflavones, along with other naturally occurring soy phytonutrients, have been shown in scientific studies to have many health benefits, including maintaining healthy cells, promoting normal cardiovascular function, supporting bone health and assisting estrogen balance.
Jarrow Formulas Iso-Rich Soy contains water-extracted, Non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) soy protein isolate.
- Consistent Isoflavone Level. Each serving guarantees a minimum of 29 mg of naturally occurring isoflavones, consisting of genistin/genistein, daidzin/daidzein, and glycitin/glycitein. The isoflavone level in Iso-Rich Soy reflects the daily dietary intake of isoflavones in Asian countries such as Japan.
- Water extraction of soy protein preserves naturally occurring isoflavones and saponins.
- Saponins, another naturally occurring group of phytonutrients in soy, have been shown in scientific studies to enhance the body's defense mechanisms.
Health Claim: Consumption of 25 g of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of Jarrow Formulas Iso-Rich Soy provides 25 of soy protein.
Iso-Rich Soy is a complete source of essential amino acids and meets or exceeds the daily "Amino Acid Requirement Patterns" for adults measured by PDCAAS (recommended by the Food and Nutrition Board, 1989).
Mix 2 rounded tablespoons (approximately 29 g) of powder with 6 to 8 oz fruit juice, milk, or your favorite beverage, or you may:
- Blend powder with liquid, ice and fruits for smoothies.
- Mix into cold or cooked cereals.
- Add to soups, sauces, casseroles, meatballs, patties, baked items (bread, muffins, etc.) or frozen desserts.
Do not take more than 2 servings per day. Do not give to children under 12 years old.
Soy protein isolate (non-GMO) and natural vanilla flavor. Also contains silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent) (in trace amounts).
No Wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts, no preservatives.
Does not contain artificial flavors, sweeteners or colors.
This product contains naturally occurring phytoestrogens.
Iso-Rich Soy is not a complete nutrient source and should not be used exclusively for weight loss. This product contains no added L-Tryptophan. Packaged by weight, not by volume. Use this product as dietary supplement only.
Keep out of the reach of children.
|Serving Size: 2 Rounded Tbsp. (approx. 29 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 31|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV*|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||<1 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
(Genistin/genistein, Daidzin/daidzein, Glycitin/glycitein)
|† Daily Value not established.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
compared to the FAO/WHO reference pattern
|Essential Amino Acids||Iso-Rich Soy mg/g protein||FAO/WHO suggested for Adults mg/g protein|
|Methionine + Cystine||26||25|
|Phenylalanine + Tyrosine||87||63|
Isolated Soy Protein = 1.00 · Egg White = 1.0 · Casein = 1.00
I had been spending $75 /month on a proprietary soy product not carried by iHerb. That product had guaranteed isoflavone content, mixed well, and came in vanilla and chocolate. When I had to cut costs, I looked at all the soy powders on iHerb, evaluating for isoflavone content. Jarrow Iso-rich Soy had the highest level of isoflavones, at an advertised 56 mg isoflavones per serving. I've used it for 6 or 8 months, and like the way it mixes, and its unassuming taste. Unfortunately, in the unthinking way most of us do, I did not check the sodium level. A serving has 370 mg of sodium. Since I typically use 1.5 servings in my morning shake, that's 555 mg of sodium, or more than a third of the recommended 1500 mg/day. From MSNBC.com dateline June 15, 2010, here are the numbers for dietary sodium intake proposed by an FDA appointed panel: That recommendation [of the panel] follows that of the prestigious Institute of Medicine, which said earlier this year that people need just 1,500 mg daily for good health, less if they're over 50. Average consumption is more than 3,400 mg. I will go to the extra expense of adding Genesis Today Protein 100 (TM) to my morning shake, and cutting my Jarrow Iso-rich Soy use in half.
I purchased this Soy protein as an alternative to Whey protein because I wanted to try something different. The taste is very different and will take some time to get used to as the natural vanilla flavor is very faint but that is what I wanted. I don't like overly sweet sugary proteins. It does not come with a scoop but it is easy to use a regular table spoon. The texture is a little gritty but mixes easily with water. Overall I think this is a good protein supplement and can see myself purchasing again. ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **
Not a fan of soy protein.
Posted by 5218509930014315506 on Jul 01, 2016
But this is pretty good and one of the best ones I have tried.
I like it!!
Posted by 5030191967384142081 on Feb 06, 2016
I bought it because I want to be vegan, but I feel it's very difficult to get enough "real" protein. I don't like the "flavors" protein powders usually have, so as a no-flavor, this protein powder is great.
Posted by vitaminusaiHerb on Jan 24, 2016
Good soy, Yummy! i like. i use normal water mix Soy, then boil. very good.